diverticulitis/ulcer
Hi evry one, I am new in this forum,i have suffered stomach issues about 10 yrs.now !it started with ibs,and keep coming back,i know it trigger by stress/post menopausal time..i'm 58 yrs old by the way..i have all the tests and the latest are diverticulitis /ulcer in my iluem..when it flare ups.it not easy for me to open my bowel..constipated very rare have a diarhrea ,both left/right of my abdomen now in pain,and have forthcoming opt.for gallstones too..i'am desperate for help /ideas its draining me...especially going to the toilet,,i'm on seinna/psyllium husk,also taking flxseed capsule 2 x day..at may age loads of medications..tyroxine,simvastatin 4 cholesterol,amlodipine 4 hi blood pressure and spamodics/acids tablets too....

many thanks,
nene204
I am a 65 m with diverticulitis and a duodenal ulcer that wants to be.I have an overproduction of stomach acid that is increased with stress or even exercise for the past 30 years.I take loperamide 1 mg  three times a day along with nexium 40mg once a day.My antispasmatic is starapple or tea made from the leaves if fruit is out of season; we dont have bentyle her in the philippines.I eat brown rice every meal for my diverticulitis and to keep from getting constipated.diarrhea has always caused my diverticulitis to flare up. For me the pain on my right abdomen was a duodenal ulcer starting to form and two days later came the pain in the right abdomen.I have had a foot of my colon removes becauce the diverticulitis became so bad.My diverticulitis is back and in the same area so now i have to be extra careful not to let that happen again.One of the most important things you need to do is get your blood pressure down;if you are over weight; lose it ; your life depends on it.If you havent already stopped drinking coffee or anything with caffiene; you need to.If you have anxity get treatment .I am also new to this forum and looking for a answer; good luck  and God bless.