doctor in South East Michigan?
Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a gastroenterologist in South East Michigan that specialists in upper GI?  

I have Barret's Esophagus due to GERD, as well as a family history of stomach cancer.  Given that, I am monitored yearly with an EGD.  I'm looking for a new doctor because my current one specializes in lower GI, and I would feel more comfortable with someone that has extensive experience with upper GI issues.  During my appointments, he routinely dismisses any concerns I have and simply writes me a script instead of talking through issues, such as potential progression of Barret's and the preventative actions I can take.

Can anyone recommend one?  Or perhaps even tell me the best way to find a good doc -- aside from randomly picking them from a list at a hospital?  

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give.

Jean

Hi Jean.  Call the AMA and ask for the name of the top Gastroenterologist in your city, they will be happy to help you.  I hope you get some answers and you are very wise to switch docs! Take care.