Gastroenterology Community
dull pain just above ovary

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

dull pain just above ovary

I too have a dull pain in my lower right side just above my right ovary.  It comes every so often,  I am in menopause for about 5 years.  Ive had this ongoing thing forever. I had been to my gyno when i had pain in my lower abdomen thinking it was my ovaries all my tests came back negative.  I had an transvaginal sonogram/rectal as well  (negative)  I thought it was originally my appendix but he told me once an appendix starts up you would know the difference in pain,.  I can press on the area and believe it or not it doesnt hurt.  Every once in a while I may get a little quirk in it  its kind of annoying.  I have an appointment with the gyno next week.  Today is seems like its getting better hopefully it is.  Any ideas???

This discussion is related to Dull Pain in the lower right side.
Tags: ovary
In case you haven't resolved your issue...my problems were so very similar to what you described and I finally found help with a physical therapist who specializes in muscles of the pelvis. I had several inflammed muscles and scar tissue that she was able to remedy with trigger point therapy and myofascial release. You might also consider pelvic congestion syndrome---a problem with pelvic veins.