Gastroenterology Community
egg burps with vomiting or without vomiting-CURE

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have had egg burps/sulfur burps once at age 16, once at age 26 and 2 weeks ago, just after turning 38...had egg burps with vomiting with diarrhea, gas and bloating (unlike previous times).  Yesterday the egg burps started again along with nausea.  1 Tbs of baking soda in a glass of water CURED ME within 1 hour.  I drank the baking soda mixture....felt more nauseous for a few minutes....started burping up a storm and within 5 minutes the burps were gone....the sulfur was gone....and my stomach felt only slightly upset.  When I woke up this morning I felt like a NEW PERSON!!!  FOR REAL!!  Prior to this I unsuccessfully tried tums, pepcid, zantac, prilosec, pepto bismol, and GasX (simethicone).  So...this is the cure for me. Who would have guessed it could be fixed with a home remedy??

I highly recommend this remedy for anyone suffering with "egg (sulfur) burps" !!!  Watch your sodium intake after since it is so high in sodium.

Good luck!!!

This discussion is related to Sulfur / Rotten Egg Burps, followed by throwing up.
Hello Everyone,
I too suffer from Sulfur Burps.  When I was 8 yrs old was when I had my first taste of this disgusting "disease".  I drank some alcohol at a wedding and was so scared I was gonna get in trouble, I got Sulfur Burps.  Well, it started getting worse and worse any time I would try to Lie to cover something up, or get really nervous of something.  The doctors did many tests and finally concluded I had "Abdominal Migraines".  This would come to be later disproven because I started seeing a therapist about "issues" in my life.  Anyway, making a long story short, it's caused when you're nervous about something, could be anything.

I used to just suffer with them till One day I tried Pepto Bismol.  Either liquid, chewables or the pills, even the off brand Pink Bismuth works.  The fastest is the liquid, chewables second, then the tabs you swallow are last.  Liquid is immediate relief from this disgusting taste, chewables take approximately 3 minutes, and the tabs you swallow take 5-15 minutes.  This changes the taste from rotten eggs to peanut butter believe it or not.  Guaranteed to work, I've asked many friends who have this same problem to try pepto and it works WONDERS!  

The problem is, it's the ONLY relief I've found, and as of this moment, I'm suffering from the burps and have no pepto...any other suggestions for immediate relief?
Thank goodness I found someone else with the same problem as me.  It started about to 1 month ago, I kept telling my husband it tastes like "rotten eggs". I would wake up everynight  6am {like clock work} and my stomach would be huge, I would run to the bathroom the nausea was so strong,,, I swear you would think  I was getting rid of a demon!!! my poor dog jumped when the gas came out...whats horrible is both ends are going at the same time...and I'm losing wt. pretty fast...yeah, we could all stand to lose a few, but this way.... no way its horrible...I will try the baking soda and see it that works..
People put your thinking caps on... I'm going down hill fast.... I'm going to the Dr. Thrus. so if I get any info will post it..