egg smelling burps
I have been having (for the past couple of years) bouts of bad diarhea associated with stomach cramps, nausea. recently the past 2 times ive gotten sick its been preceeded with egg smelling burps which continue along with the diarhea. I take immodium. about two to three doses through the day and then its gone. I thought it was due to me not regularly taking my lactaid pills when I eat dairy. Ive been really strict with myself and taken the pills, even try to avoid dairy all together but I still get sick. these burps stink and the pain is bad
what do I do ! help
I suffered from the exact same symptoms weekly (and really thought I was alone in this!) since I was a small child. Rotten Egg Burps (the WORST part) followed by nausea, severe cramps, vomiting, diarrea, the works. Only after throwing up everything I'd ever eaten in my entire life would it go away eventually. Doctors never knew what was wrong and there's still nothing much online about the cause of this illness. After logging what I ate for quite a while, we figured out that the common denominator was RED DYE #40! I am an adult now who will not eat anything anywhere that even has the possibility of having the dye unless I can read ingredients (which is a TON of stuff, people! ...even some "white" things like coffee creamer packets and such...take a look at things and you'll be amazed) and I hardly, if ever, get this illness anymore. (knock on wood!) I go YEARS without being sick all because I simply avoid Red Dye #40. Just a suggestion because it's worked for me! Hope this helps some of you out there...
My name is Brian, I'm 30 years old and have suffered from the "Sulphur Burp" syndrome.  It is awful.  I've suffered with the symptoms for over 15 years.  My symptoms have been: stomach cramps like someone was stabbing my insides, rotten egg smelling burps that tend to linger in the air forever and have even made other people puke (they believe I'm farting), nausea, vomit, explosive diarreah, sharp back pain specially in the lower back, gas that felt like little mice running around inside my stomach, to mention the most memorable.  I've tried everything over the counter you can imagine, I even tried cutting certain foods from my diet like eggs and onions and chili or spices.  Nothing helped.  Fasting helped a little, but just created other problems for me.  It has gotten so bad I end up sleeping in my living room sitting down on the couch because I can't lay down due to the uneasy feeling caused.  My burps sound like a roaring dragon sometimes.  My wife thought I was posessed.  I felt pregnant.  It's really horrible and I just want to let you know you are not alone.

I think I might be suffering from giardiasis.  Whenever I muster up the courage to see a doctor about it, all my symptoms vanish into thin air.  Besides I was afraid that I might be diagnosed with stomach cancer or something.  Well, I'm glad I ran into this site because I know I'm not alone, and neither are you.  Hang in there partner, and talk to your medical consultant as soon as possible.  Peace!