Gastroenterology Community
elevated bilirubin--1.3
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

elevated bilirubin--1.3

I am 65 years of age and recently changed internists--this new doctor ran complete lab work--everything was very good-all blood, urine, etc.--but a bilirubin of 1.3--I have no results for bloodwork done in July of '08 yet but my gyn took blood in 2007--I checked and in approx. April of 2007 bilirubin was .9--My alt(Sgpt)--this time (July 09)-is 17 and my ast (Sgot) is 19 --Alkaline Phos. is 98 (don't know if this one is important to mention)--given this information is the bilirubin looking like it is too elevated?  I have been a taker of Lipitor but actually have been off for awhile--I had restarted some but went off again.This doctor also discovered a 2 cm Thyroid Nodule--which has had FNA one week ago and was benign--her recommendation is to monitor it again in 4 months.  Can you provide me with some answers and thoughts--again, isn't the bilirubin very close to normal range??

This discussion is related to Re: Elevated Bilirubin.