elevated bilirubin--1.3
I am 65 years of age and recently changed internists--this new doctor ran complete lab work--everything was very good-all blood, urine, etc.--but a bilirubin of 1.3--I have no results for bloodwork done in July of '08 yet but my gyn took blood in 2007--I checked and in approx. April of 2007 bilirubin was .9--My alt(Sgpt)--this time (July 09)-is 17 and my ast (Sgot) is 19 --Alkaline Phos. is 98 (don't know if this one is important to mention)--given this information is the bilirubin looking like it is too elevated?  I have been a taker of Lipitor but actually have been off for awhile--I had restarted some but went off again.This doctor also discovered a 2 cm Thyroid Nodule--which has had FNA one week ago and was benign--her recommendation is to monitor it again in 4 months.  Can you provide me with some answers and thoughts--again, isn't the bilirubin very close to normal range??

This discussion is related to Re: Elevated Bilirubin.
Just had blood tests done, and most were normal except these...   Low -TIBC  / High- T.BILI  / ALK.PHOS  -low normal  /   And the UIBC didnt have a referance range, but it was 137  MG/DL     Any help???   Thanks