Gastroenterology Community
end stage of cirrhosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

end stage of cirrhosis

HI, my mother has been an alcoholic for 35 years.   She is 84 now.   She is very ill and has been hospitalized for vomitting blood.   Well, now she is vomitted blood again.   Last time the doctors said they cannot do anymore scope??? treatments if she continues to drink.

Is this the final stage of cirrhosis?   We would like to be prepared, we have gone through so much with my mother and we are concerned if she should be sent to the ER again or is this the end stage.
Please reply soon.

thank you so much.
Tags: End, end stage
Related Discussions
517301_tn?1229801385
if the bleeding is from esophageal varices she can receive endoscopic treatment and the use of beta blocker medication can sometimes help prevent further bleeding.  however, active alcohol use can override these medical treatments.  she must try to cut back drinking some way.  the bleeding might also be from an ulcer or gastritis so repeat scoping might be indicated.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank