Gastroenterology Community
endoscope

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

endoscope

Hi, I am a 42 year old female going in for a endescope on wednesday. I am terified never had this done before. How bad is the procedure and what are the risk? I have fear of not coming out of the enestisia. My symptoms are feeling full all the time no appetite, weight loss and belching all the time. I can't eat any thing. I only drink water. Never had stomach problems before so this is kind of strange. Does any one have any suggestions or opinions on any thing?      thanks, Kim
I had an endoscopy in March. I had pressure in my chest, the stomach fullness and the feeling like I has something stuck in my throat. The procedure was not bad at all. I went in, they put me to sleep and then woke up in recovery. The only problem I had was a very sore throat because they did biopsies on me,

But anyway, the anesthesiologist will administer the sedatives and monitor you the entire time. The gastroenterologist will do the procedure along with his assistants. Risks are very rare. I'm sure you will be fine and you won't remember a thing. Good luck, feel better and keep me posted on how you make out.
Hi Tearose!! I ahve had 3 endoscopies this year, so far. Believe me------------it is simple--no prep----just fast before the test. They give you mild sedation----like a twilight sleep------you feel nothing and hear nothing!! And, best of all you wake right up------and all is over. I had no side effects----------however, did have many many biopsies--but, no side effect.
So, try and relax-------just think when you get there----------they will get you ready--and you will take a nap! It all will go fine. Believe me! God luck and let us know how it all goes. Sunflower1105
It my second endoscopy. First one was fine second one i was on tramodole so didnt feel any pain. After i came off tramodol, had bad refer pains in upper left side shoulder and back with pain in my stomach. When breathing up or yarn i go into pain. Does any dr out there know what going on. Have i a bleed internal or what.