Gastroenterology Community
eosinophils
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

eosinophils

Three years ago I was diagnosed with LPR after coughing for a year.  I am coughing again now since before Christmas, so had another endoscopy.  The biopsies showed that my esophagus is lined with eosinophils.  The doctor didn't think it was eosinophilic esophagitis because my main symptom is coughing.  I have had choking issues but it is not a constant thing.  I have had eosinophilc pneumonia and also am hypothyroid and have interstitial cystitis.  I am 70 years old and have never had an allergic reaction to food or heart burn.  Could my diseases have a connection?  Could it be autoimmune disease?
Thank you
Annie
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Annie, you may want to pursue the eosinophilic esophagitis issue. Having a 'lining' of eosinophils is very unusual and characteristic of the condition. Find a doc who is familiar with the condition and get checked for underlying issues with foods.
Blank
Thank you for your reply.  I will make an appointment for a second opinion.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank