eosinophils
Three years ago I was diagnosed with LPR after coughing for a year.  I am coughing again now since before Christmas, so had another endoscopy.  The biopsies showed that my esophagus is lined with eosinophils.  The doctor didn't think it was eosinophilic esophagitis because my main symptom is coughing.  I have had choking issues but it is not a constant thing.  I have had eosinophilc pneumonia and also am hypothyroid and have interstitial cystitis.  I am 70 years old and have never had an allergic reaction to food or heart burn.  Could my diseases have a connection?  Could it be autoimmune disease?
Thank you
Annie
Annie, you may want to pursue the eosinophilic esophagitis issue. Having a 'lining' of eosinophils is very unusual and characteristic of the condition. Find a doc who is familiar with the condition and get checked for underlying issues with foods.
Thank you for your reply.  I will make an appointment for a second opinion.