esophagael motility dissorder
I have been diagnosed with an esophagael motility dissorder. The Gastro just keeps telling me to take more and more prescription acid reducers. But it doesn't seem to be helping. It's gotten worse lately: a lot of throat pain, hoarse voice, neck pain and difficulty swallowing. I've been told I'm not a candidate for the surgery where they wrap the les with muscle, because my esophagus isn't contrating enough. Is there any other treatments for this? I'm also worried about side effects from all prescription acid reducers!

Thank you, Christine

This discussion is related to esophageal motility disorder.
What is the motility disorder exactly? Is it a lower esophageal impedence that is causing acid reflux?

I assume your doctor has prescribed acid blockers because you are suffering heart burn, is this correct?

Ask yourself one question, if you are on acid blockers and your problem is getting worse then how can your problem be acid related? Why the hell is your doctor prescribing more acid blockers when they clearly are not working? Can you please clarify if your problem is being caused by acids damaging your esophagus are you still suffering heartburn whilst on the acid blockers?

Your contractions are not strong so maybe they are worried about food getting stuck, i am going to need more info to give some usefull advice though.
How long have you been on acid blockers?