esophageal dysmotility- why can't i find info on this condition anywhere??
Is there another name for 'esophageal dysmotility'?? As i have been diagnosed with this by my consultant gastroenterologist, and want to find more info, resources, etc to help with educating and coping with my condition. but can't find much info anywhere on the web, about 'esophageal dysmotility' at all. i can only find specific stuff like 'achalasia', 'diffuse esophageal spasm', but nothing about the specific problem i have- esophageal dysmotility and an eseophageal spasm (my doc doesn't say what type). Why?? Is there another name for it?
Esophageal dysmotility is a broad 'umbrella' that encompasses more specific esophageal conditions - it's not what would be consided a specific problem. The only thing you're going to find about dysmotility is exactly what you're running into - the subcategories. You need to have your gastroenterologist give you a specific diagnosis in order to be able to do research.
Thanks for that,
That's really helpful. Do you think my consultant should be able to give me a more specific name? Or are there some cases where it is a nonspecific problem and there is no specific name?? She's not very approachable, that's one of the problems i have in asking her more! I wish i did know which specific type it was cos then i could find out more..
How do you know about this stuff, do u have similar problems??