Gastroenterology Community
esophagus fluttering

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

esophagus fluttering

I am 55, have IBS and high blood pressure which I take meds for.  I also think I  have fibromalgia since I have most of the symptoms.  My liver enzyme are a little off which I have just recently been tested for again.  My concern now is the occasional flutter in my esophagus.  It started only briefly but has worked up to daily and sometimes all day.  I get the ffeling that I have to cough.  The fluttering starts from the top of the esophagus down to where your stomach begins.  I get the feeling my doctors thing I'm crazy and seem to think it because I'm slightly overweight which I don't believe.  Any help on where I can check into next?