esophagus removal
i have know for 15 years that i have barretts esophagus and have watched it yearly ,  in a recent test it was found that i may have cancer ,  and it was suggested "if" i do,  that the removal of my esophagus would have to be done ,  
i would like to get more information about the operation , and hear from people who have had it done ,  the survival rate , any problems that may accure ,   any and all information would be very helpful  ,   i am 71 ,  and just had a p.e.t. scan done ,   no results yet !!!
                                                          thanks much for any help you can give me ,    lee

p.s.  you could write me at ***@****  
Lee, google 'esophagectomy' and look for the infomation under the site by barrettsinfo. They have some very good information on that site.

I'd like to say that if there's any way to avoid the operation, please do everything you can to try another route. I hope the results come back and tell you that you're not at the cancer stage.