Gastroenterology Community
esophagus removal
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

esophagus removal

i have know for 15 years that i have barretts esophagus and have watched it yearly ,  in a recent test it was found that i may have cancer ,  and it was suggested "if" i do,  that the removal of my esophagus would have to be done ,  
i would like to get more information about the operation , and hear from people who have had it done ,  the survival rate , any problems that may accure ,   any and all information would be very helpful  ,   i am 71 ,  and just had a p.e.t. scan done ,   no results yet !!!
                                                          thanks much for any help you can give me ,    lee

p.s.  you could write me at ***@****