Gastroenterology Community
esophagus

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

esophagus

First, I do not have a problem with stomach acid, reflux, etc.  Everything was ruled out several years ago.  For the past 12 yrs. I have had the problem of not being able to lie flat on my back, bend my head down, or sit in a recliner or soft chair.  I have to lay perfectly straight on my side and sit sideways in a chair.  If I don't, I feel like a knot is in my throat and I have discomfort between my throat and end of my chest cavity (esophagus).  Lately, it has gotten worse. I also feel like air is in my stomach.   Any ideas?
Avatar n tn
Do you take a ppi like nexium or prilosec? If not maybe u should start. The symptoms you  are describing sound like reflux. I would recommend a visit to your GI since u have not had a check in awhile. Also symptoms of Esphogeal problems are usaully difficulty swallowing or pain when swallowing. The feeling in your throat sounds like what I get and that is due to My reflux. Alot of people with gerd don't have acid burning type pain, sometimes they have the feeling of mucus build up in the throat, belching  and Indigestion...get checked and stay of the net cause you'll drive yourself nuts like me.