Gastroenterology Community
excess bile in stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

excess bile in stomach

I would like to know what causes bile in the stomach. My daughter is 11. Excess bile found in stomach during
endoscopy. Mild gastris found in with biopsy. She has pain currently relieved with carafate, and Previcid. Everything else was normal in endoscopy and colonsocopy.
To my knowledge, there is no single 'thing' you can point to that causes refluxing of bile into the stomach. It can be found in a number of conditions. However, you may want to ask her doc to check the status of her gallbladder. In the meantime, you may want to consider having her follow a GERD diet and especially the part of the diet that emphasizes low fat. You can find suggestions for a GERD diet at gicare.com.