Gastroenterology Community
excessive belching

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

excessive belching

Okay, I belch NONSTOP. Hundreds of times a day. I have had tests for ulcers, an upper GI, a CA125, colonoscopy, pelvic ultrasound...NOTHING! I have been on Mylanta, Malox, previcid, Prilosec, Aciphex, Dicyclomine, Xanax ect...I am NOT under stress (except for THIS)I have fasted, cut out sugar, caffeine, carbs, processed foods, gas causing foods, dairy ect...to NO AVAIL. This is NOT IBS. Recently I have new symptoms of not being able to fully empty my bladder (via ultrasound). There are no cysts that show up on the ultrasound and I am going to a urologist soon. (I don't see how the peeing problem could possibly be related). I started losing weight I think cuz I a AFRAID to eat! I am nauseated most of the time. I do not have cramping diarhea (diarrhea) or constipation. Eating doesn't even cause it really! I wake up to excesive belching without eating a bite!
Does anyone know what the heck is wrong with me?
Forgot to mention. I had my gallbladder removed in 2000. So it isn't my gallbladder either.
I too constantly belch...Dont know either..I tend to get full
really easily and feel bloated all the time..I havent actually talked to a doctor about.
Dweebie
At first I panicked cuz with all my symptoms they leaned towards ovarian cancer. They ruled that out. I used to belch like crazy just once a month...before my cycle, then I would get a migraine then well, the rest. Now it is all the time with new symptoms as time progresses. I keep getting the stress theory, the eating too fast theory, the taking in too much air theory. Nothing concrete. I am 43 why now? I didn't change anything!
Do you smoke or chew alot of gum? drink alot of pop? those will cause alot of belching,swallow alot of air through mouth will cause alot of belching and gas.I have sinus probs and sometimes cant breath through my nose I have to through my mouth.If you drink alot of pop,try cutting down and chewing gum,it might help,and try gas x.
I don't smoke, don't drink, no caffeine, no gum, (I DO talk a lot). Maybe I suck in air then. I don't know. No drugs. For a while I was totally carb-free, preservative free, sugar free, dairy free. I was eating only natural non-acidic foods. Still nothing. As I said before though. I have a weird hormonal thing that when my hormone level drops once a month I start to belch and then get a headache and then comes my cycle. I am at the age where my hormones could be dropping because of menopause which could mean an increase in the belching thing. I know that there is no medical proof of this...but it has been this way for me for years until this last year and now my cycle is inconsistant and I belch all the time. So weirdly it may be related. I just got the results of my ultrasound and something in my pelvic area is prolapsed. If the bowel dropped down too it could be stressed. Who knows...
I know this seems to be the "end all/be all" solution that people like to relegate to such problems as belching (and other misc. health problems), but this is from personal experience, so hopefully it helps. Yoga. I belch like a maniac, or at least I used to. I was weary of yoga at first, envisioning the contortionism involved. Yoga is actually "the breath", plain and simple. You have to actually LEARN how to breathe properly, effectively and synergystically with your body. I'd recommend going to a beginner's class. You simply lay there and the instructor guides you through the proper steps. As a result, you inhale the clean air and expel the toxins through focus and relaxation. This prevents the swallowing of excessive air, and eventually, breathing properly will be second-nature for you. The solution is so simple that people tend to dismiss it because we've been programmed to take pharmaceutical meds. I'd recommend finding yourself a Naturopathic Doctor...and ND, not an MD. I don't know if you've ever noticed how a medical doctor comes up with a random assumption followed by yet another prescription, but I finally got tired of that and finally, I started feeling better...I just found an ND. He told me every part of my body that was at risk in less than 10 minutes and gave me NATURAL ways to heal, WITHOUT DRUGS OR SURGERY. So, there's my two bits: yoga and an ND. By the way, being a chatterbox is probably making you breathe in an irregular fashion; I used to have the same problem. But I still talk a lot. A LOT.
See if you can get your MD or Gastroentrologist to run a breath test.  I also do not have a gallbladder and was experiencing a whole lot of belching & discomfort with gas throughout my GI tract.  I had an imbalance of bacteria where the bad bacteria was excessive and was prohibiting my food from breaking down properly.  The treatment is to have 10 days of a terrible tasting pill called flagyl (if you have to take it, put it on a spoon w/applesauce).  It is also a condition that my gastro tells me can come back - I'm on my second time around of having to take it, so try & eat yogurt to help promote the good bacteria.  It's a painless & quick test that may give you some answers.  Good luck!
some folks do not have enough stomach acid to digest the food well,hence belching .so if all the prevacid,nexium,prilosec,mylanta of the world is not working for you,it could be you dont have enough acid,not too much acid.
sip some cranberry juice or pineapple juice,this will raise the  level of acid in your stomach,see if this works.
Chewing gum is actually good for you,it makes your body creates more saliva which contains bi carbonate and it neutralises the gas in your stomach,plus the motion of swallowing helps too.
It may be gastroparesis, that can cause beltching etc.  You may want to look gastroparesis up on line.  If it sounds feasable,  you should  mention this to your M.D.
I agree that you may be looking at a gastroparesis problem. I am a male with plenty of burping to go around and some days are better than others. There are days when it is nonstop. So I have read and researched and looked for answers and had every test known. Everything is normal. The only way to diagnose Gastroparesis is through a Gastric emptying scan which examines how quickly food leaves you stomach and whether it is digesting properly out of the stomach. Gastroparesis is caused by nerve damage to the vagus nerve or the nerves surrounding ones stomach. It can be brought on by an abdominal infection which in turn can damage the nerves around the stomach. Bottom line is Gastroparesis can be caused by lots of things and is quite common but hard to diagnose. Acid reducers and the like will not fix gastroparesis as it is a functional motility disorder and not an acid problem. The acid and indigestion are a result of a motility issue. There is a medicine called Reglan which can help with moving the digestion in the stomach along, but it is not always effective. However, Gastroparesis is rarely a serious issue unless it starts affecting blood sugar and diabetes which sometimes it can. Good luck.
I am a 33 year old female.  Overall, I'm in good health and not overweight. My symptoms include excessive belching, bloating and abdominal pain.  My belching has gotten increasingly worse over the past 10-12 years.  I've had two endoscopy's, barium swallow, CT scans, etc., and have tried ALL of the PPI medications.  None of them helped reduce the belching. I'm currently taking Protonix for mild GERD.  I do have chronic constipation and bloating and am on medication for that.  I had my gallbladder removed just two months ago and am seriously dissappointed that the belching has NOT gone away.  The belching is extremely embarrassing, uncomfortable and even painful sometimes.  My family thinks I wasted time and money by getting the surgery because nothing changed.  I'm still grossing everyone out.  I get very frustrated and sometimes depressed by this terrible symptom.  My doctor is frustrated that she hasn't been able to "fix" me and can't tell me what's causing it.  I've heard all of the same stuff...diet, drinking through a straw, carbonated drinks, etc.  None of those are issues for me...I am desperate for some relief.  I will have a colonoscopy in the next month but my doctor suspects the results will be fine.  My only comfort now is knowing that I'm not the only person suffering from this problem.  I'm willing to try almost anything at this point and will be trying the yoga!
To reduce belching, somebody told me that according to Eastern practice in Ayurveda (?sp), eat slowly like a lion, and only so much that you can eat again in next 30 minutes. Belching is caused by abnormal growth of bacteria, yeast in upper part of stomach called fundus. While, not many bactria could survive the acid pH of 2 in the stomach, people who routinely take antacid/acid reducing agents, belch more than those who do not. Belching can be gone after finding right amount of food intake. The gas is formed by yeast/bacteria digesting the starch/complex carb, releasing mainly CO2. But if belch has odor it could be yeast also. Seek a good gastroenterologist's (preferable at a university medical school) advice since I am not.
I am 56 and have started having some excessive belching, but it's usually a couple of hours after dinner.  It is driving me crazy - it may go on for an hour or longer.  I do have acid reflux, but I have been treating it with nexium.  I have started eating shredded wheat in the mornings, could there be a connection?
I am a 57 year old male i have been belching excessively for about 3 years. I have been treated for H Pylori bacteria that didnt help I have had endoscopy, colonoscopy, cat scan all were ok. I was using garlic supplement and when I stopped the belching was reduced. Now I am having pinching pain in my strenum area when i get gassy. Has anyone experience this pain when they get gassy.Also when i touch the area of the Pain I pass gas soon after.I am going back to the doctor tommorrow.
Hello Jennifer, I work in a health food store/centre and have been doing some research about this stuff.  Has anyone ever suggested taking a digestive enzyme? I agree with the possibilty of too much/too little acid in your stomach.  Drink a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar; if it burns then you have too much acid in your stomach but, if it feels ok then you need more acid (in which case you'd need to look into getting some hyaluronic acid).  I'm not a doctor ... not even close but, I have taken a few courses and I do read a lot and have a lot of people who come to me with the same problem.  So, yeah...definately get some digestive enzymes from the health food store and test the acidity level with the apple cider vinegar.  If you want to flush out your intestines as well as imporve digestion, you can also buy some concentrated chlorophyll (doesn't taste the best but, hey...).  Make sure the digestive enzymes are good ones...don't cheap out on those.  Ok...I'm rambling.  I'll just tell you what I would take if I was you:   a) a good probiotic b) digestive enzymes and c) chlorophyll (chlorophyll also repairs any soft tissue damage that you might have).  Ok, I am going to stop before I end up writing a (very random) novel.  Hope something in here helps you.
Excessive belching is sometimes caused by breathing threw your mouth instead of your nose. I have a deviated septum which makes me breath alot threw my mouth. The only  way to stop it is to retrain your self to breath threw your mouth. If you have a sinus problem though it is futile.
Excuse me, retrain yourself to breath threw your nose.....
OK, ladies...

Have a BREATH TEST, as suggested above. They are two types of breath test:

1. Breath test for H. pylori. H pylori is the most common cause of gastritis and belching. This infection often goes with heartburn.

2. Breath test to check small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. This bacterial overgrowth mostly causes bloating.

In both cases, treatment is with antibiotics.
Wow, its amazing to finally see that I am not alone. Ok I have been belching for the last three months, it feels like nonstop. The odor is disgusting and sometimes I flatulate.  I've been doing alot of research and I'm starting to lean more towards intestinal parasites. So this is just my guess...just research that.  After I had a test for that my Dr. told me that it is only 20% accurate and it could possibly take 10 tests.
about the apple cider...you said if it burns??  if it burns your stomach?? or your throat?  I tried it and it did irritate my throat a little but then it was fine
I am sure my wife has found this blog or whatever you call it. My wife was up once again till almost three this morning belching- I almost call it a belching seizure. it is contant 10 times a minute- It's scary. I listen to her in the night and I hear I little  click in her throat right before a big belch, the sound you make when you make yourself belch but she insists she isn't sucking air. The belching has been constant now for one year today. We remember cause is started two days before our sons birthday. But it does seem to get worse right around the time of her period? Last night huge belching fit- today her period started again after a short month. Just seems related?? She is 34, her mother had menopause early so maybe it is related?? Geez help
I do have a lot of belching. I do belch and hiccup. Any time regardless whether you ate or not.
I think it has to do with hiatal hernia.
I do deep breathing excercises every day. I noticed that I belch and hiccup less.
when I added enzymes, Gaviscon and Tagamet I improved a  LOT- worth a try- sometimes I throw in acidophilus?sp and cut down a lot on alcoholic drinks.

Noone usually thinks of this but try NO UNCCOKED FRUITS OR VEGGIES_ thy are almost impossible to digest.
I've done this no kidding on and off for over 10 yrs- even had a hysterectomy hoping that maybe the fibroids were pushing on diaphram so much I was belching from that-
had hiatal hernia repair- Nissen wrap - loose- where I can still belch- PLENTY, better than a redneck!- and my GI doc thought I was lying- I proved it to him- he said I was LUCKY because of gas/bloat after Nissen. I am just glad I requested the loose one or surely I would die if I didn't belch- the trapped gas is so painful- I do get relief a lot of nights when it seems never ending with this trick- I get trapped gas even in my shoulders- so I get a tennis ball and rub it against the wall with my shoulder- don't know if that draws a good picture but it releases tons of gas and then I can go to sleep- I know it's crazy- even water makes me burp like crazy- but sipping water is  A LOT better than drinking big gulps

next we did gallbladder surgery- helped 50%

I would say the enzymes with meals have helped the most- carlson's # whatever 66- 55,43, who knows?# from health food aisle
I am 30 years male from Asian.  I started lost weight from 167bl to 145bl now in 3 years. I did all kind of exam.
Fingings:

The heart size is normal. the lung bases are clear
There is a subcentimeter cyst in the left liver, there is a 1 cm enhancing nodule in the anterior left liver seen on series e, image 11. there is no biliary dilation. There is an 8 mm hemangioma in the inferior right liver which is collaborated with ehe rest of the liver in the dalayed phases can. there is another hemangioma in the anterior right liver measuing 6 mm. This seen on series 3, image 30.
The stomach, spleen, pancreas, adrenal glands, kidneys, appendix, bowel loops, bladder and prostate are grosly unremarkable. There is no evidence of renal stone at sht time. Previous left calculus may have passed druing the interim.
Aortic caliber is normal. there is no free fluid or intraabodominal or pelvic adenopathy. there is a 4mm polyp in the gallbladder gundus. Two small bone islands are noted in the left femoral head.

Impression:
1, two hepatic hemangiomas in the right lobe, measuring 8 and 6 mm each. There is aslo a subcentimeter cyst in the left lobe.
2, there is an indeterminate 1 cm enhancing nodule in the anterior left lobe. This may represent a focal nodular hyperp;asia versus atypical hemangioma. If hepatitis panel is negative and AFP level is normal, a follow -up CT abdomen in 6 monthes is recommended to recheck this nodule for stablility. If the levels are abnormal, would proceed to contrast enhanced liver MRI.
3, No evidence of renal stone or hydronephorisis.
4, 4 mm gllblader polyp.

Doctor said that finding is nothing relate to belching. I stopped drinking and pay attention food for 2 years, but still not get better. sometimes i feel pain and even back pain. I tried all kind  of good med. , but still belching. Belthing in the morning even without food or water, belthing before and after meal too.
GOD help me pls.
I am a nutritionist.  I have seen this problem a lot.  It is usually a result from too little stomach acid.  In other words, when you eat, your stomach does not produce enough hydrochoric acid (hcl).  The apple cider test does not work by the way.  You can go to the health food store and buy hydrocloric acid tablets.  Start taking 2 with each meal and increase the amount by 1 until you get relief.  DO NOT over eat at your meals.  And go see a holistic doctor.  A good one.  Not a new age one.  Try to find one that works out of a hospital.  The very best test available to find out exactly what your stomch ph is when you eat and when your not eating is called a Hydelburg Gastrogram test.  It is hard to find a doctor who has the machine to do this test.  Only a holistic doctor would.  See if you can find someone who does this test.  Even if you can't, go to a holistic doctor and tell him that you want to be tested to see if your stomach produces too little hydrochloric acid when you eat.  By the way, the symptoms for too little hcl and too much hcl are the same.  Good Luck!
The correct spelling for that test is....Heidelberg pH Capsule System OR Heidelberg Gastrogram test.  Even if you have to fly out of state to have this test done, you should do it.  It will end your bleching problem.
Google "Heidelberg Gastrogram" and you'll see why this test can help you.  I am a nutritionist and I've seen your problem before many times.  I really urge you to get this test.  Good Luck!  
Heed my warning from my mistake. I just finished a 40 day apple juice and water fast as I have for 11 years past. This year I made a mistake. 5 days after I had started eating light foods again and  drank some homemade rootbeer. Gas built up and was nonstop exiting through the mouth and the other end. I wanted to die from the cramps and acid buildup at the top of my throat. Too much yeast in the rootbeer so I think.
I have had all sorts of tests, the Heidelberg test, that was a trip, I hated that string on the capsule, I have had numerous doctors check me out, and they all say the same thing, "anxiety" I belch all the time, in fact, I could win a contest. I have tried digestive aids, pro-biotices, different juices with acid, nothing helps. I am actually over-acid. The Heidelberg test went so fast, the tech could not believe it. Anything I eat that is high in acid makes me sicker.

Anyway, for me it is stress and depression, I guess. I suppose when we are uptight, this puts a strain on our stomachs and affects or digestion process, I know I hate to eat because of the pain, the heck with the belching, it is the tummy ache all the time before, during and after I eat.

I do have a hiatal hernia, and I feel this has some to do with my problems as well.
I have gott a good laugh at reading all of these because I suffer from belching alot too.  It makes me feel better to know I am not alone.  I am going to try some of the suggestions.  I will let you know which ones work.  I do know the apple cider vinegar was so bad I could hardly breathe for awhile.  I won`t be doing that one again.  Thanks for the information.  Burping Grandma
Hello! I am 19 Years Old, and I am experiencing similar problems. Every morning I wake up and feel absolutely miserable. I have severe painful nausea in my stomach and upper chest. I am scared to eat food because of the chronic belching that occurs after eating. In return I am now scared to eat anything for fear of this horrible belching which can only be cured by vomiting profusely. I tried taking prevacid but it made me feel worse because I could never take it on a full stomach because my stomach is in so much pain and nausea in the morning. I am at my wits end.. I am so sick of throwing up. The only thing that has helped my stomach has been smoking marijuana.
belching is caused by wrong secretion of liver . liver secretes juices for digestion and if some thing is wrong with liver beclching occurs
eat keelaneli, kadukai and manchal karisalai . these are all tamil names
find corresponding english names for these herbs. liver is hard to treat .
find solution in ayurvedha and siddha . 99.5% doctors never think liver causes problem when stomach is running amock. you must be luck to find the  1 in 200 doctor who can diagnise you
learn sudarsana kriya from sri ravisankar. he has over branches in 180 countries all over the world . i hope this may help
I TOO THINK ITS A LITTLE FUNNY READING ALL THE GROPING IN THE DARK ADVICE. THE GURU'S. THE NUTRITIONISTS. THE ONES WITH GALL BLADDERS AND THE ONES WITHOUT GALL BLADDERS. THE ONES WHO HAVE DONE ALL THE TESTS AND THE ONES WHO LIKE YOU ARE THINKING OF TRYING THIS REMEDY OR THAT. I'M BELCHING OFF AND ON ALL DAY LONG NOW FOR ABOUT A MONTH. I THINK EVERYONE AFFLICTED OR NOT MEANS WELL, BUT NO-ONE REALLY KNOWS HERE. THERE ARE SEVERAL TRUTHS TO BEGIN WITH THAT ARE EVIDENT. GALL BLADDER REMOVAL DOES NOT SOLVE THE BELCHING PROBLEM. FASTING DOESN'T SOLVE IT. THE ONE POST WENT FORTY DAYS ON APPLE JUICE AND WATER. I WENT THREE DAYS ON NOTHING. THIS BELCHING PROBLEM IS HERE TO STAY. THAT'S THE HARD TRUTH. WE HAD BETTER FIND THE CAUSE IF WE EXPECT TO FIND THE CURE.
I had the same uncontrollable belching (still do when I go off the diet)  I take Prevacid 30mg 2x for GERD & my breath test came back positive for SIBO which I was but on Xifaxan a special antibiotic that only works in the intestine for 7 days. I take a probiotic and eat yogurt.  That helped for awhile but the belching came back.  Finally, I took a gastric emptying test -- eating irradiated eggs to see how long it took my stomach to digest them.  I was diagnosed with gastroparesis which just means it takes my stomach a lot longer to digest food than what is considered normal.  There are different medication that you can take that will help but the main focus for me was diet.  My GI doc sent me to a nutritionist and they put me on a low-residue diet.  If you don't want to see an nutritionist just google low-residue diet and you'll find lots of info and you will need to take supplements with this diet because of all the limitations.  It's not a fun diet but it stops the belching!

Good Luck!!
I just wrote a long blurb and it got deleted when I tried to save it so here's the short version of my research to try and figure out why my father has major belching and abdominal distress after eating and weight loss. He has diabetes.
Google aerophagia(swallowing air) listed as major cause of belching. Many simple techiques to reduce. Don't sigh;don't bolt food or drink;don't chew gum; exhale after chewing and just before swallowing;avoid raw cabbage and beans brussel sprouts etc.; breathe through your mouth; don't drink carbonated drinks or eat foods with air whipped into them; don't delay any urge for a bowel movement as delay causes gas buildup
Google "gastroparesis" and its causes and what helps. Diabetes is most common cause. Related to it is the "Vagus Nerve" and the "pyloric valve". If they are malfunctoning then fermentation, constipation, nutritional malabsorption, gas build up etc. can happen.  Gastoparesis means that the empting of the stomach contents is delayed mostly because of chronic high blood glucose  (diabetes...which can result in erratic blood sugar test results)

Google heliobacter pylori society which says this bacteria can cause gas and belching but More often its a malfunctioning of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES)which is designed ot allow food into the stomach and belching.
Google hiatal hernia as it could be related to LES malfunctioning due to a stretched or damaged hiatus (muscle)
If I had this problem I would be taking digestive enzymes and drinking slippery elm tea and/or goldenseal and chlorophyll to heal  inflammations of the pyloric and/or LES valves. The pyloric valve connects the  lower stomach to intestines and food exits through it. If it is inflamed ..by gastroparesis for example...it narrows and contributes to delayed emptying of the stomach. Perhaps this valve prolapses. One way or another it is my belief the these conditions can be healed by alternative measures other than the endless guesswork of pharmaceutical suppressives and invasive tests which do not appear to have given much relief to anyone on this site. It is unfortunate that naturopathic medicine is not endorsed or provided by our medical system. A holistic approach is required in my humble opinion. I wish you all the best in your search for relief.
hi ya i am a young healthy 15 year old girl who is having the same problem as all, i burp contastantly and i have discomfort in my chest. i went to see the dctor and he reffered me to the hospital when i went to the consultant he told me he has never heard anything like this and too lookon the internet and see if anyone is experinching this same problem!
if anyone knows or thinks they know the cause or cure please let me know
i have a email adress george_ball***@****

thanks  
I have severe allergies. It took a long time to become aware that when my allergies get worse I swallow sometimes 3 -4 times or more per minute as my nose dripped down the back of my throat. And, it was during those times that my burping got much worse, too. Eventually me and my doctor put 2 and 2 together that I was probably swallowing a lot of air along with saliva, snot, etc. Seems obvious now, but it took years to figure this out.

My allergist, who has been practicing for 37 years, also instructed that reflux can be a cause of recurring chest pain and headaches. I even saw a cardiologist to rule out heart disease! As he explained it to me, as you burp the stomach gases up you then inhale them into your lungs (possible tight chest) and into your nose and sinuses (oww!).

He doubled my antihistamine does and things have dramatically improved for me, less tight chest and fewer headaches. I hope this information helps someone else.
Jennifer, I know your post was some time ago, and you may not see this post. I was wondering if you ever found that cause of your burping? I had all the same test, and no answers. I would love to know if you found out anything
I've had this problem on and off for about 5 years, and I am in my early 30s now. I am a smoker, I do drink occasionally, and I do tend to eat fast. But limiting those habits did not help at all, and my doctor couldn't really tell what was wrong with me and why I was constantly belching & frequent indigestion.

What appeared to cure me was Prevacid and a trip overseas. I am not sure what happened, but shortly after I started taking Prevacid recommended by a friend, I took a trip overseas for 2 weeks and the discomfort simply vanished!  I did have hell of a time on my vacation and perhaps the problem was related to stress.  It's been 3 months without a single belch now.   Just wanted to share my experience, since most of you have the exact same symptoms which baffled me for years.
I too have had this problem for a number of years. I assumed it was my gall bladder. But I had my gall bladder removed and now the belching isn't painful anymore, but it is still there. It seems to be worst at night when I am lying down flat. Sitting upright helps some, but what seems to work the best for me is what I call the yo-yo cure: yogurt and yoga breathing. Eat some good yogurt, not yoplait or stuff full of corn syrup. Then inhale slowly and deeply through the nose and exhale slowly through the mouth for several minutes. I don't know how to stop it from happening, but these two things seem to help me a lot. Good luck everyone.
I have had constant belching for about 3 years now I finally found out it was giardia parasite in my body  and 1000's of other types so I started on vaxa  called parasitin it has been getting rid of 1000s  of parasites showing up in the stool it takes 3-6 months to get rid of them and the only relieve I have gotten is when I am up   and  I havent slept forever if i sit up leaning any at all  i belch bad and cant breathe i get   some relief when i use plain pure water enemas  to poop you must get cleaned out of parasites or the poisons from the dying parasites can kill a person they can make you constipated  so get on either paragone by renew your life or vaxa which is less rough  take hydrocloric acid pills acidolpholis enzymes  and take in enough oil such as grapeseed oil or omegas salmon etc... and Do Not eat breads pasta meat potatoes fruit  and dairies at all while doing this or you will get packed full of dead worms the die off of parasites happens whether you are killing them or not over time the parasites have to die they release horrible poisons making one feeling funky do something to poop and that feeling leaves  i am being cured of allergies to foods and the sun shine from using parasite killers !!!   I  hope you find hope  and helpGod Bless you  
I believe I have the same problem.  I noticed that I belch non-stop for several hours after my meal.  Recently there have been stressful situations with work and family:  lost my job, death of brother, and parents involved in car accident.  I just had a medical physical done and MD did a colon test and they are doing the follow up on blood tests.  I believe the belching and stomach pains started around 4 months ago--that was around 3 months I lost my job and around 1 month after my brother passed away from cancer.  Does anyone know what to watch out for?  How should I advise my MD on these issues?  Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
I have had a problem with belching ever since having my gall bladder removed. Maybe that's got something to do with it.
Please post your question as their own post because this one is so old.
My daughter has had excessive belching since having a serious car accident that resulted in surgery to fix two broken bones. This has gone on for over a year and at times gets better. Could find NO answers on the Internet of from many doctors. Finally we have made the connection to the Vagus Nerve. I am sure it was damaged in the accident as she had a nasty burn mark from the seatbelt, permanent scaring and a widening of the AC joint right where that nerve would be going through. PLEASE do a search on the Vagus Nerve and belching. All of your symptoms from having your gall bladder removed to having trouble emptying your bladder could be related. I know the frustration of trying to figure it out! Hang in there and hopefully by now you have answers but maybe this will help someone else.
I developed excessive burping about 8 months ago. I am a 23 year old Male. I have undergone many tests including X ray and Endoscopy. At first after the Xray I was told I have GERD. After the endoscopy I was told everything looks normal. This lead me to conduct my own research on why this extremely excessive burping is occuring everyday all day. I found on many medical sites from doctors that a direct cause of bloating and burping is BACTERIAL OVERGROWTH in the SMALL INTESTINE. I now strongly believe that this is my problem and many of yours. I am currently waiting to see my Gastro specialst again so we can conduct every test known to determine what kind of bacteria overgrowth it is and treat it with the appropriate anti-biotics. I STRONGLY encourage all of you with this excessive burping problem to inform your doctor that you believe it is due to BACTERIAL OVERGROWTH. You can find alot about Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine on Google. Many doctors are unaware of this condition and it is easily treatable with antibiotics. Good luck to all of you I know what a horrible burden on life this burping can be.
OMG! Thanx for all the advice, i took note of just about ALL ur comments. This belching is HORRENDOUS! I am NOT alone..., SO embarassing and uncomfortable... woke me up at 4 am last night, TERRIBLE chest pain, then gas from BOTH ends... MORE from the top... Thanx again! Callin MD in the a.m.
research pestecides on your fruit and veg Ive had to go organic because of belching
it may be the toxins in the pestercides, artificial sweetners derived from pestecides, processed foods, rapeseed oil originaly intended for mechanical use only not fit for human consumption, geneticaly modefied foods with deranged animal and plant DNA, all this moden man made concoction is formenting in our stomach and gut. Its a wonder we havent exploded. Notice every body started complaning about the same time, regardless of age or gender,it  just happened!
Its exasibated when we take GM perscribed drugs. All antibiotics are now GM, and most other drugs eg thyroxin, insulin.  
I'm glad that I am not alone on this one. I have tried all the above before I ended up having countless ER visits and trying EVERYTHING stated. Empty, full, night time, day time, diet OTC Meds, breathing, no fiber, more fiber, all have been given a shot. I've had the gallbladder taken out I've had the endoscope and nothing has been able to help. It has been worse after the removal and it's been 3 weeks. Any new suggestions? Thanks  
So I had experienced this problem for over a year.  Not sure how it came about, but possibly from eating quesadillas with pepper jack cheese every day for lunch for a few months has something to do with it...

My symptoms sounded a lot like what other people had posted on forums: chronic belching after meals, horrible acid feeling in my throat, throbbing pains in the left side of my chest (felt almost like that feeling you get in your stomach when you're on a roller coaster, but just in my left side...the stomach side).  I thought it was bad acid reflux so I took a bunch of over the counter things to remedy it: Pepto Bismol, Tums, Prilosec, etc.  I started trying all kinds of different acid reducers, thinking one of them was the right one for me.

The belching soon got really bothersome.  I would sometimes go for a full day with out eating anything because I just didn't have an appetite and I knew if I took one bite of food, it would immediately trigger deep, chest belches.

I finally went to my naturopathic doctor because it was getting quite painful and annoying, and he diagnosed me with HYPOACIDITY.  It's not very well represented on the internet, but it's basically too little stomach acid in my stomach.  I imagine all of the acid reducers I was taking had dropped my stomach acid level down so low that I had gone too far the other way.  My doctor said that I basically had undigested food that was putrefying (gross) in my stomach and any time I ate something it would aggravate the mix and release gas, causing the powerful burps.  He prescribed me 2 natural supplements: Ulcinex and Metagest.  I took each pill 3 times a day, usually with meals.  Each pill bottle had 90 pills, and I did two rounds of the medicine over the span of about 2 months.  It fixed me right up!  They're natural supplements so they take a little while to work on the body, but basically the Ulcinex was re-upping my Hydrochloric acid levels in my stomach so I could digest food properly.  The Metagest also aided with digestion.  Taking these pills with meals everyday also forced me to work on eating 3 square meals every day (with little to no snacking in between) and that kind of regularity with meals also helps maintain decent digestive health.  I also tried to eat healthy, non-junk food type things like fruits and vegetables.  I'm not saying this is what cured me because ANYTHING I ate before I started taking the pills would cause my burping, but it certainly doesn't hurt to eat more fruits and veggies.

I feel 100 times better now.  I still have some big belches, but it's usually after I overeat.  And I no longer HAVE to belch every time after a meal just to relieve the aches and pains in my gut.  I definitely recommend consulting a doctor (or a naturopathic doctor) because maybe you have something different, but I had read so many posts on other forums about people basically being life-long takers of acid reducing pills, and I had to share my solution for my problem.  

Hope this helps someone out!
Hello, I am looking for someone...anyone....anything, that can help my dad. I have read all the post and as funny as they all sound when you’re at your wits end you try anything. However in the end all was a lost cause. My dad has been to specialist after specialists, hospital, tests, it’s never ending and no help in sight. About 2 years ago he started belching and hasn’t stopped. His belching is about 25-40 times a minute. You do the math :( He's to the point now it's getting hard for him to breath. His life has turned upside down. He doesn’t like to be around people, he doesn’t go out anymore because people look and stare at him and he is embarrassed by this. The doctors he has been to haven’t seen anything like this and none of the medicines work. He made the comment that no life would be better than this life of burping. I am truly scared he is at his wits end.  This problem is getting life threatening and is a serious problem and no one seems to know what else to do for him. If anyone can help please, please let us know what we can do. As i said before he has been to 2 major hospitals for testing, several different doctors in different fields of practice and none of them know what else to do.  Every one of his tests came back normal. There has to be something causing this to happen and for so many tests and doctors to not know is disheartening. When it gets to the point when you can’t have a conversation, you can’t eat, you can’t drink, you can’t breathe, something desperately needs to be done…..Please help if you can
Hey sass ,   Sounds like your Dad has tried western medicine and gotten nowhere. It couldn't hurt to try some of the nutritional options or holistic medicine options that others in this thread have posted. This thread goes back to 2006 and there are tons of suggestions, some have actually worked for some people. Read through all of the posts and look into getting some things listed by others! That is what I plan to do! It's worth a shot! Good luck!
hi! my dad having the same situation too, he start belching after meals, not once but for few months! he had seen many doctors and still cant get rid of this problems.. he belching many times after meals and now im really want to know the causes too. do u try charcoal pills or gaviscon? hope this helps^^
congrats on been finally cured of this horrendous condition but my question is when you say overseas where in particular and what type of climate is it there cause am wondering if a tropical climate did the trick for you. I live in the UK and only started this crazy burping syndrome early 2011.
I am a 23 year old male who has been athletic for the most part of my life. I train and am in good shape. I have suffered for almost three years with constant belching after going travelling in thailand for three months. I have had a gastro test done and they found a small bacteria that i have been cured by now. Unfortunately it didn't help my burping situation. I get these burps all day long in my throat, and I feel i have to burp them out to get some sort of relief. I've tried so many things, and ben to a specialist  who just said to me basically that this is hard to diagnose, and many people suffer from this. She didn't seem to give a toss to be honest. I am glad that atleast we can all chat here and share our stories and not be alone with this hardship. I am only 23 and wish to be able to live to the fullest one day again, as the burping hinders me in being 100% of who i used to be which is really upsetting if I think about it. Please lets stand together and sort this problem out, so we all can go back to enjoying life to the full. If we progressively work on finding a general solution and make sure all information gets posted here we might be in with a chance. One can never EVER give up, our lives are to precious to waist. Come on people
oh an I forgot to mention That I have a load of tummy churning aswell. Anyone experienced the same sort of symptoms?
What worked for me may not work for others.  I had a belching problem for 15 years or so, had several doctors during this time, they prescribed different things such as zantac, and so on, none of which were of benefit.  Few years ago Prilosec came on the market, I tried it and lo and behold my belching ceased immediately.  I started with onetablet per day for quite a while, then tried taking one tablet every other day, which I have been doing for the past year or two.  Cannot go into the third day without returning belches.
I have had these symptoms for a week now. I burp literally thousands of times a day. At first I though it was GERD as I had reflux as a child. But I have been taking my pepcid and lots of tums, neither of which have helped.  am currently taking finals and have been on a lot of adderol over the last two weeks so I keep being told that this is probably due to stress. Hopefully after this week it will go away. I cant imagine having this go on for years and im sorry for those of you who are dealing with this. I will try several of the things here and let everyone know what works. I'm leaning towards the more holistic approaches. I also intend to get checked out for gall bladder disease as it runs in my family as well as a hiatal hernia. I'll let everyone know the results. Hopefully we can all find something to fix this annoying and embarrassing symptom
I too have your symptoms. I belch all day , 100'softimes. It began with getting up in the middle of the night and throwing up, which is a rare thing for me. Immediately after that I began belching, constant. I have no other symptoms and have consulted doctors and have had test. Nothing has been found to be wrong. Yet for 6 weeks I have belched constant, except when I lay down. That is the only time it goes away.
  jennifer,, i know exactly how u feel, it is the same with me. i get up first thing i start belching...  and sometimes i am nauseated too. it gets on my nerves. it started really bad last year...  the anacids i hae tried dont work..  the doctors did diagnose me with IBS so i have cut out all soda and have to basically cook most of my meals... no prepackaged food.. i need soemthing to help me...  i am used to it and my co workers are used to it also. but i am single and who wants to date soemone who belches like a man... it is awful...... let me know if u find soemthing to help u and i will do so also... Linda kennon
If the odor is sulphurous and really disgusting, the source of gas may actually be be below the stomach. (small intestine). It's probably just a nasty yeast or other organism, but if it doesn't clear up in a few weeks it could be a partial obstruction somewhere in the bowel.  
Hi...i`ve been having the same problem with the burping for 3 months.Did gastroscopy= reflux eosphagy,atonia cardiae,mild gastritis.HAd ct scan of the abdomen..nothing there unsual.i have groin pain,headaches,hard to swallow food,feeling  extremely tired all the time*.*in the past was treated for allergic asthma....cortico therapy of course.i still cough a lot..forgot to mention that...:(((((.No one can help me here  it seems..I started loosing weight and i look awfull;( The burping FROM the morning drives me crasy!!!i have a feeling i have trapped air somewhere behind my breast bone.=\ Dunno what to suggest next to my doctor....cause thats all im doing ..suggesting what diagnostic method to try !! NO CURE! NO HELP! i forgot to mention..the pills for the reflux did NADA!my burps are like  pure air..no gassy smell..nothing.My kid is 8 and he tries even to help me ;(..Whats there to do....iim starting to think i have a cancer....im clueless
I had my gall bladder out back in the nineties and the worst problem I picked up was dumping syndrome.
March 2010, I had a laproscopic umbilical hernia repair and I have been belching all day every ever since except for about three months where it stopped and now its back and even worse. I literally felt heart attack like, but a heart cath in September 2010 said I had beautiful arteries thank you Lord Jesus.
I also have had diverticulosis which becomes diverticulitis sometimes and have had it  about five or six years (since original diagnosis, went from one pocket to two to four).
IN addition, to Lymphedema and Lipedema predominantly in my left leg and encroaching to my knee and lower right leg slightly I also have Fibromyalgia (diagnosed by 5 docs at the Cleveland Clinic) which according to them will include some IBS (and does) and Ocular Migraines and Psorasis. I really want to be healed all over and completely so look forward to solutions on here. Thanks and God bless
Please consider posting if you are still active, we all need and want answers
This is my concern, too .. I am a 46 year old female and I have experienced excessive burping for about six months now .. its scares me to death. I have not had anything checked out yet (ignorance is bliss) but I am scared of what I will find out .. I have adult children, but also a little 2 year old girl and am so scared of what I may find out. I do suffer from some lack of appetite and do take hypertension, but am not overweight. What is this excessive burping??????
I'm still active and I've been burping since about a year before you..We must stay in touch and try and find a cure!!!
I am 39, female and have been burping constantly for over 3 weeks. Literally at least 100x per day.

I have: 5cm hemangioma on the right lobe of my liver and kidney stones (one is 1/2" in size). In addition to the MRI and CT scans I've had in the last week, I also had an ultrasound on my gallbladder but it revealed no stones and no other abnormalities with my gallbladder or pancreas.

I burp from the time I get up until the time I go to sleep. I do not think I burp in my sleep. I have NO heartburn, nothing comes up, no abdominal pain, slight bloating,  I have pain between my shoulder blades and sometimes right under my right shoulder blade, and occasional lower back pain (could be from the kidney stones).

It does not matter what I eat or don't eat. Nothing makes it worse or better.
I fasted for 12 hours before the ultrasound on my gallbladder and I was still belching constantly on a completely empty stomach..

I am waiting for my doc to tell me what we should do next.

It is so frustrating to not know what in the world is causing this sudden onset of burping! I
try burping like that for three years! let me know if your doctor finds a cure for you!
Well, I go for a HIDA scan tomorrow. I really don't think it is going to show anything wrong with my gallbladder though.
Hi, I was wondering what your hida scan revealed? I've been having the same issues.
I too have burping and belching with severe pain down the esophogus and stomach.  It is there most of the time.  I don't have to eat for the pain and burping to happen.  I didn't realize that this is a universal problem.  When I take the prilosec it stops but I don't want to take it as it stops the acid from forming in your stomach, which we need, and I have read after a while it doesn't help.  I am gluten free for about 3 months which has helped the bloating in my stomach and I feel so much better but the pain and burping is still there.  The burping hasn't present too much of a problem to me but the pain is terrible and it concerns me that it won't progress into something worse like cancer.  I have no idea and doctors don't seem to address this -they just prescribe a pill.  I am glad to read what everyone is doing and will look into some of these things.  I am kinda desperate for the pain to go away.  What do any of you think about the Prilosec.  I take digestive enzymes and probiotics and various other things including apple cidar vinegar pills that I just started.  I also have thyroid problems and that could trigger some of this although my endo doesn't think so as the prilosec does help me.  I haven't taken it for a long time although I am thinking of starting it again as it does give me some relief.  
I too am having belching problems. I assume it is from one of my conditions. I have esophageal spasms, delayed gastric emptying, and achalasia. The achalasia causes chest pain that will rap around into my back and up to my throat in a clenching manner. All these are progressive syptoms (symptoms) depending on the severity of the event. At the worst of times it moves into my jaws with a crushing feeling. This condition makes it difficult to swallow with poor esophageal motility. It restricts the ability of sphincter muscle at your throat and above the stomach to function properly. I had to have the muscle above my stomach torn to allow food to just drop in. Before, my esophagus would fill with food and expand which would cause regurgitation since there was no where for it to go. Because of this I swallow a lot of air to assist in swallowing. I have lived with this for the last nine or so years. It is virtually impossible for me to swallow normally now that it is such a habit.I too have had the non stop belching problems from time to time lately. Often I belch foam- I assume because of the air mixture with beverages. I am not sure that this applies to any of you but could be worth a check. It only effects about four percent of the population. It is possible if any of you are swallowing air you may not be aware because it has become a habit.
My HIDA scan revealed a low ejection rate of 21% (anything over 35% is considered normal). I meet with a surgeon today for a consult as I have many concerns/questions that my docs office can't seem to answer for me.

a.) could my liver hemangioma be causing the gallbladder problems?
b.) do I not have the classic gallbladder attack symptoms because I don't have any stones (or at least none that have been visible on CT, x-ray, u/s and HIDA)?
c.) will the ejection rate get better?

My fear is we yank out the gallbladder and my symptoms don't go away an/or get worse.

*will the ejection rate ever get better if we don't take out the gallbladder is what I meant to type.
I also have this problem. I have been burping for two months now non stop. It starts as soon as i walk up and until i go to bed. Some days are better than other. Some days i can hours without burping, but some days it is every few seconds. I have had a endoscopy, Cat scan, nasal scope, and blood tests. All cam back normal. I tried all the antacids, valums, and an antipsychotic used to treat excessive hiccups. nothing works, I am curious about this ph test thing. I think it may have something to do with the acids since it gets a little better right when I eat a full meal. Please help!!!!! I am going crazy and have two small children to care for.
I'm scheduled for GB removal surgery on the 15th. However, she isn't totally convinced my GB is the cause of the burping/bloating/shoulder and back pain.

Even though the HIDA test showed an EF of 21% (anything below 35% is the 'standard' abnormal) she goes by a rate of 25% or below. She wants me to try a PPI to see if my symptoms resolve and, if they do, then we will cancel the surgery and do an Upper GI. I am taking Prevacid and have not noticed any improvement really but the package says it could take up to 4 days to notice any improvement. I think the bloating has gotten worse actually......

I have an eighteen year old with autism who started to vomit after a head injury. The vomiting became cyclic and has now progressed into uncontrollable constant belching, chest pain, abdominal pain, headaches and the vomit continues. He cannot tell me all of what he is feeling. He has vomited so much at times that he has been hospitalized twice. He has had a CT of his head, MRI of his head and abdomen, tons of blood work, and a scope, which did show damage from his gastric issues. When he belches and it is really bad (which is pretty much always) he gets acid in his throat and a bad taste in his mouth. He is also tired a lot and naps in the afternoon. This is severely limiting his life. I can't send him to the movies or a restaurant with his in-home worker because the noise of all of this is just too loud and disturbing to watch. He is on PPI (pantoprazole) risperidone (which I hate, but is to control aggression because he gets so aggressive from the pain) sucralfate and baclofen. He is getting no relief from any of these and is just getting worse. Sometimes the belching is so severe he can't breathe. He did have slight epileptic activity on an EEG while he was under a general. He is very difficult to test and not co-operative so he has to be put to sleep to test for just about anything. It is very hard to get the doctors to help, because when they figured out they couldn't figure it out, they gave up and said it was a behaviour. He is not causing this behaviour, this behaviour is happening to him. I am so scared that he is just going to die. He is depressed and in so much pain. His abdomen and his chest hurt all the time, and he will take my hand, put it to where it hurts and say "feel better." I love that the doctors have asked me repeatedly if I think he is in pain. What more does he need to do? I will take all of your suggestions to  heart and research each one. I pray that none of you give up and that you continue to comfort each other in this community. Kim
I had surgery on the 15th to remove the gallbladder. By the 17th I was burping again...and have been ever since.

I go back for my follow-up with the surgeon on Friday. I am beyond frustrated.
Hi All,

Oh my I have read every single comment. First my heart goes out to everyone who is suffering with this...I know it is horrible! But your comment about your dad really touched me.

Please know, that I belched 700 to 1,000 times a day for 20 months! I went from 165 pounds active 40 year old female to 103 pounds 42 year old woman stuck in bed for weeks.

From the moment I woke up to the time I went to bed. The only rest I got was when I slept. I've been there...almost to the point of no return. A point where no one wants to enter in as ending this horrific ordeal is all one sees. The only thing that kept me here was my faith. I was so depressed.I could not even hold a conversation! Would not go out in public. I would get very dizzy, at times my heart-rate would sky rocked to 175 bpm from excessive gas. I was even afraid to be alone. It was a blessing that I did not have to work and that my children are now adults and teenagers.

Ponder.....think of how sore the entire stomach and throat muscles are swore from doing all that belching. My gosh it is HORRIBLE!

I treated myself for ulcers as I one doctor told me that is what I had. I ate nothing but babyfoods mixed with noodles for months all cooked veggies. No meat except baby food meats. I even turned orange from all the carotene in the baby food. That really freaked me out, still am a little orange on my fingers still.

I did a lot of praying. I also did food combining. And ate every 4 hours with no snacks.

I took aloe vera juice. Activated Charcoal did help at times but this will take all good minerals out. So only use when you have too.

What ended up really helping me was slippery elm! I was in bed for 7 weeks and took slippery elm. I ended up going to the doctor and as soon as he saw me he had me admitted to the hospital.

There they did the ultra sound, ct scan and the scope. The doctor said he had never seen a stomach look that good in years I had no yeast, bacteria, worms, inflammation or ulcers.I also had the HIDA scan done and my Gallbladder was working at 75 percent.

What they did find is that I was very low on potassium and very anemia.Both can cause lots of stomach issues.

They still want to do a colonscopy as I'm having colon pain but the belching is now just when I eat. Maybe 20 to 50 times a time which is much better than close to 1,000 a day.I think my body is just tired from all that belching and slowly am getting better. At first I was so swore I could not even push my urine out.

I have tried probotics and well that made my situation worst. I have started using more lemon juice with my meals and will see if that works better.

Please try the slippery elm, aloe vera, eating every 4 or so hours with no snacks, food combining...

To everyone...

See if your illeocecal valve is working!

I had mine tested back in Oct/2011 and it was not working. When this valve does not work, it can cause a mess and make a person very sick. Toxins build are thus obsorded into the body. Google it and you have to go to a natural doctor for this as the medical world don't talk much about it.

Please have that valve checked! Five months later my ulcers are healed and I am getting better. My stomach area is just so sore from all that belching!

Another very important thing...Please check your urine ph levels as that can also cause major issues. Mine is now at 6.75 to 7.25. When I first started checking mine two years ago it was 5.5! Work on this also.

By
Lynn
I have the same problem, to make the story short, tell him to try throwing up.. I don't know it might help, like tell him to drink lots of water with salt and throw it all out! It made me feel a little better, it reduced the frequency of my belching.
Hi Lynda :)

Good to know you're feeling a little better!! Well I've had this Excessive annoying belching problem for the past 4 months now and it's still not gone away :'( .. It all started when I ate spicy food and rice/milk pudding plus fruit and Sprite and ate a candy cane!! After that I started burping over 50 times an hour! Then a week later, I drank alot of water and ran up and down the stairs because I felt the need to digest the drink, next think you know I felt nauseous and threw up! Well nothing came out instead of a white looking mucus and my burping dissappeared! But 4 days later I drank Sprite again and my burping returned :( ..and it's been constant since but less frequent. Some days its better than others and it gets really embarrassing in public! And my throat is just sore from it! And the only time I get rest is when I lay down or sleep but when I wake up the next morning, I have a chest full of burp that is dying to release and also excessive gass sometimes near my menstrual date. I'm just sooo tired of this and desperate for any kind of help! My doctor doesn't know what it is either, but no I haven't gone to a Gastroenterologist yet b/c I don't have insurance.
Seriously, if anyone has any cures or any advice on which tests I should get done then plleeeassee just email me back or mssg me on here!
(yes I've read all theposts above)
Has any of the people who posted above, have gotten any better?? Did you guys find any cures?? Please share with us :( .. I'm desperate for answers!! Thank you so much in advance!!
Hey Guys please try throwing up so the bacteria or whatever it is comes out of ur system!

*Also I heard that drinking Organic Aloe Vera Juice is very Beneficial to get rid of fungal and bacteria and it promotes a healthy digestive tract system and it has other benefits too, so just look it up!

sometimes adding fiber to fast in your daily rountine causes a digestive problem. also, if starting to add fiber to your daily eating will also cause the symptoms. Dietiticians recommend slowly adding fiber to your daily rountine and slowly increasing the fiber on a weekly basis to get your body accustomed to it.
Any problems with too much belching = get tested for food intolerances (lactose, gluten)
I am completely belch free now (well, other than normal belching) after having my GB removed 3/15/12. It took a couple weeks for my body to adjust as I was still belching during those first 2 weeks after surgery.

I hope the rest of you can find answers.
Hi, just wanted to know, how are you 100% belch free?? :S and what did your doctor say, like what caused your belching to begin with?

*and what's so significant about the gall bladder in our body system?
I have the same thing and have had the same test and have ibs and ms and  its horrible  embarassing.
Have you tried a teaspoon of vinegar in 4 ounces of water?  I take it before bedtime.  I went through all the tests and the gastroenterologist said I was gulping my food down.  When I had a gastric emptying test I didn't eat anything since midnight and received this small cup of scrambled eggs which I ate very slowly.  I had so much air in my stomache and digestive tract that I though I would burst.  I am thinking that just plain resting on a table causes bulching and breathing. I know a ridiculous thought.  I will try to eat slower and meanwhile the doctor said to use Phazene.  Phazene is sold over the counter and I take two at one time, once a day.  It helps but I still don't understand the belching.
My friends and family encourage me not to research my health issues online, but it helps tremendously to know that I am not alone with these issues, especially after the "I-have-never-heard-of-this-before-and-I-don't-know-what-to-do-about-it" look I've gotten from several doctors over the years.  

Belching History: I am a 29 year year old female (115 lbs, caucasian, non athletic with a desk-job), and my belching issues began when I was 21 after eating a sub sandwich (a meal I will never forget).  Suddenly, I went from a girl that could hardly make a tiny burp to being up all night belching.  One night turned to many, and I had countless, almost daily episodes of belching for hours at a time for years to come.  After a period of time, I realized that it was worse when I ate too much or ate too fast (something I did during/after a really busy day).  It sometimes seemed to be aggravated by greasy foods (while other times not), and yet other times experienced after very healthy meals.  About 4 years after the problem started, it occurred less but still with an annoying and frightening frequency.  

How it Feels:  Aside from the personal annoyance and potential embarrasment of constant belching, I would describe the condition as nothing short of debilitating.  When I am having an episode, which usually lasts from 30 minutes to hours (or even sometimes for DAYS), my common complaints are: inability to lie down, upper abdominal discomfort, mild nausea (30% of the time), sniffling (??), tiredness/fatigue (it literally wears me out), and sometimes chills.  Until recently, it did not present with reflux, heartburn or any similar, identifiable symptoms.

Medical Examinations:  I had two GB ultrasounds in 2006.  The first said likely gallbladder polyps; not likely stones.  The second said multiple stones and did not mention polyps.  No recommendations were made at the time for how to address this issue.  Today, the general consesus from my doctors is that it's unlikely that my gallbladder is causing the problem, and I've read many people state in online forums that they've had their GB removed and experienced no relief with belching.  Therefore, I do not intend to remove my GB at this time.

I moved to a new state about two years ago, and a year ago, the belching issue popped up like never before.  I went days and weeks belching all day and was nothing short of tears.  So, I decided to go back to the dr.  They ordered an h-pylori breath test (which came back negative) and an upper endoscopy that I decided to hold off on after having a REVELATION that my belching was highly associated with stress.  More on this point in a minute.  Cut to three weeks ago, I started noticing a heat sensation in my throat every day for two weeks that I figured was acid reflux or heartburn.  This was followed by a daily "lump in my throat" sensation along with a variety of other acid reflux symptoms like a sore throat when I woke up in the morning (a symptom of silent reflux).  I have never had acid reflux before (or if I have, I've never realized any of the symptoms), so I did my research to find a good gastroenterologist, and boy - did I ever!  My doctor spent 40 minutes with me taking my full history and ultimately ordered an upper endoscopy (which they are performing on July 10th - next week) and a gastric emptying study (which will be performed thereafter).  He thinks acid reflux could have been the culprit of my excessive belching all along, even though it did not present with other symptoms - however, he is convinced that I also have gastroparesis (which I read online can cause excessive belching).  Other symptoms of gastroparesis that I have include non-daily bowel movements and nausea in the morning (particular when waking up very early or after too-little sleep).  So, they will be checking for gastroparesis, damage to my esophogus, ulcers, and even scarier that I don't like to name.  Once I have my results, I will come back and post them!

The Stress Factor:  I mentioned a moment ago that I noticed an association between anxiety and my belching.  I realized that I built up tension in my abdomen/torso in any stressful situation, even as unimportant as traffic delays or things like work stresses, arguments with loved ones, etc.  When this happened, my belching was worse.  Once I realized this, I made a conscious effort to not even let the little things bother me, and my belching improved 10-fold.

Now, I just have this pesky acid reflux problem to deal with, which is almost equally frustrating, and dangerous since it damages the esophogus over time.  I hope my burping has not been reflux for 10 years, because that means I've had 10 years of damage.  Therefore, I'm afraid of what the endoscopy will show.  Wish me luck!
As promised, I am providing an update to my initial post (above) from July 3.  I had my upper endoscopy today, and despite being very nervous and worrying about the worst case scenario, the findings were good.  "No" to Barrett's Esophagus.  "Yes" to a small hiatal hernia, mild esophagitis and esophageal spasms that caused food to move more slowly down my esophagus since my last post (none of these issues worry me).  They stretched my esophagus to help address the spasms.  I will have to wait on the results of the biopsies to confirm whether I have gastritis, etc., but the doctor found no ulcers, polyps, tumors or other frightening signs.  

I still have to have my gastric emptying study, and I do believe we will find that I have gastroparesis.  I asked how this will affect my treatment regimen.  The doctor explained that if I have gastroparesis, the reflux is probably a symptom of that, and therefore, ending treatment will likely be unrewarding and met with reflux again.  So, the likely recommendation would be to stay on medicine for a longer period of time or perhaps forever.  I will try as much as possible to treat my issues with proper diet, exercise and lifestyle so that I can reduce my dependency on medication.  

The doctor did say that the belching itself does NOT cause damage to the esophagus, so that's excellent news.  But, since belching can be a symptom of acid reflux even when the acid itself is not noticed/felt, I encourage everyone to consider reflux as a possibility.  

Wishing you all the very best!
had been burping for many months now.Had went thru many different tests,endoscopy as well.The resuits of the endoscopy shows i have some sort of bacteria in my stomach was told to have antibiotics for two months but the burping did not stopped.Im gg for the 24Hr PH test in two weeks time.I hope it will find a cause of wat causing me to burps like frog! I had been coughing badly even since i started burping? Anyone experience coughing with burping as well???? I am a 10months old baby and i am disturbing his sleep every night.I am sooo hopless and stressed.
Have you done the gastric emptying test . How is your belching now .

I am keen to know if you post your further investigation

Good luck  
Hi ,I just joined this forum ,I suffered from this nonstop burping also! I would like to share what helped me.As my nickname says ,I finally figured out that I have Hypochloridia ,that is low stomach acid ! My relief started ,when I took Betaine Hydrochloric acid with my food!!! I will put some links in my next post to do some tests to see if the Betaine Hydrochloric acid can help you ,too .It solved it for me!
Testing for Hypochlorhydria
A test, the "Heidelberg Capsule Test" is available (unfortunately few physicians have the equipment in their offices to provide it) that is capable of scientifically determining the stomach's ability to produce adequate concentrations of acid (HCL). If this test is not available to you, another "low tech" method of making a correct determination is available. This involves the use of a Betaine Hydrochloride that is used as a challenge substance, when eating, to see if digestive function improves with its use.
When using Betaine HCL for the first few times, please be sure to follow the directions carefully. Always take Betaine HCL at the start of the meal! If taken without food, stomach burning may result.

1. At the very start of the meal, take one capsule of Betaine HCL. Monitor how your stomach feels during and after eating. Should any burning or heaviness occur, or if burning has been present previously (before taking the supplement) and is now worsened with the use of the Betaine HCL, do not continue using this!!! This is an indication that your stomach is overproducing acid, or that your stomach lining may be damaged.
• 2. If the first dose of Betaine HCL produced no noticeable stomach discomfort, try taking two capsules at the start of your next meal, again monitor for burning and or heaviness during and after eating. If taking two capsules produces some discomfort, but one capsule does not, restrict yourself to one capsule at the start of each meal. If the two capsules  produced no discomfort, try three capsules at the start of your next meal.

3. If all goes well when taking three capsules at the start of each meal, stay with that dosage, most individuals will not require increasing the dosage to four capsules.
• The maximum per meal is 5,000 mg of HCl. Taking more is not helpful nor needed.

We often hear of people complaining of stomach rumbling, distension, or passage of gas. In all likelihood, what these people experience can be called Malabsorption. There are numerous specific malabsorption disorders, some of which are listed below:
• Achlorhydria
• Hypochlorhydria
• Atrophic gastritis
• Colitis
• Duodenal ulcer Dyspepsia Gastritis
• Diverticulitis
• Celiac disease
• Lactose intolerance
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) - including Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
In my case it is Hypochlorhydria or maybe even Achlorhydria of wich I am not sure yet. Hypochlorhydria is low stomach acid ,Achlorhydria is no stomach acid. I am also Lactose intolerant.
Hypochlorhydria begins imperceptibly and progresses gradually (unless one takes acid stoppers or antacids), so it is difficult to know if one has it. Chronic stress is one of the most frequent causes of hypochlorhydria. For me the non stop belching after a meal was most annoying and it took me a few years to figure out what was wrong!
Unfortunately, a balanced diet will not work if the First Stage of Digestion is not producing sufficient HCL (stomach acid ), to sterilize and emulsify the nutrients consumed. People with Hypochlorhydria or Achlorhydria cannot convert and absorb the nutrients consumed, because of the lack of HCL. There is little or no conversion of Protein into Amino acids without the presence of sufficient quantities of HCL. Pepsin, which is one of the most important enzymes, is not active when the pH of the Stomach becomes alkaline. It is a fact that the absorption of the nutrients by the small intestine can be hindered, resulting in malabsorption. However, this condition is not actually considered a disease. Rather, it is a symptom or a signal that something is not in its right order. Look up the info on Hypochlorhydria  and Achlorhydria to see if it applies to you ,too ! I would like to help my fellow sufferers with this.

how did u discover you had parasites..what kind of tests did you do?? I would like to do them too and see if they help me
Hello Everyone,

I have had this problem off and on.  Someone up there ^^^ mentioned an emotional stress connection and I would have to agree.  I think it has to do with emotional health, as your emotional health can contribute to a dysfunction of the illeocecal valve and also create a hiatal hernia.  I usually get these two symptoms, along with a white tongue when my emotions are upset.  Someone else up there ^^^ said that that their symptoms went away when they relaxed on vacation.  Same thing happened to me.  I don't believe this is everyone's problem but I know that my symptoms are stress/emotionally induced.  

Good luck my friends.
I am 31 years old and have the same issues with burping, it is so gross and i hate it. I have to deal with this for 7 years and it seems like every year gets worse. I thought it was acid relux so my doc gave a me meds for it and nothing worked still have the burping and heart burn and coughing in am. Im going to see a specialist and even get a scope done. I hope they find the solution cause i hate feeling this way.
Did you get any help for dad yet? My mom is having the same thing. She can't eat, drink, or take her medicine anymore. Been to the hospital many times ER you name it. They just sent her back home. She is very sick and unable to care for herself. It is life threatening for her as well. She's been sick for the last 8 months. She's losing weight everyday. We have tried EVERYTHING. I cried everyday seeing my mom suffer so much. God please help us ALL.
Hi I have been reading all of your comments and I finally found out it is not just me! Did anyone find a solution? I am on a food mop diet, reflux diet, pariet/nexium and nothing seems to help really... It has been 9 months for me...all test are normal a part from IBS, burnt oesophagus and lactose intolerance.

I ama bout to see a second gastroenterologist and I have started to take chlorophyll and enzymes after reading about it here. Next step is SIBO, bacteria overgrowth test...I hope someone will find a solution for us xx

thanks
My mother was having this symptom, then about a year and a half later and several specialists, the was diagnosed with ALS, Lou Gherrig's disease.  It seems to be affecting women a lot more lately and the spasmodic belching was caused by her diaphragm twitching and spasming rather than her esophagus.   It took a doc who put this symptom together with the weakening she was experiencing in her hand, difficulty swallowing as well as normal, and the slurring of speech that came on the scene about a year or so behind the spasmodic belching.  This is a diagnosis that you don't want to find out about 2 years down the line when the diaphragm has stopped spasming - stopped working basically, and you can no longer breathe like what happened with her.  It's worth a rule out and I suggest you see a neuromuscular specialist who knows all about ALS and Myasthenia Gravis.
By the way, by spasmodic belching, I mean it was like the hiccups, only burps instead.  It would come in waves.  Not one burp at a time, belching timed like a case of the hiccups.
Have her checked for ALS.  It sounds like the spasmodic belching in a hiccup like pattern that my mother began having 2 years prior to the Lou Gherrig's disease diagnosis. The diaphragm is a muscle and ALS results in muscle twitching.  You can visibly see the diaphragm spasming or twitching, but if it is it could cause air to be forced "UP" instead of taking it in by swallowing it, like as in a case of hiccups.  Her 'burpies' were exactly like hiccups, only burps instead.  She also had progressive weakening of one limb, in her case, the left hand, so if your wife is having any of the issues related to ALS as well, such as trouble swallowing as well as before, hoarseness, or slurring of speech, get her into a neuromuscular doc who treats ALS and myasthenia gravis asap... We waited too late to get the proper diagnosis so now it's on to a respirator in order for her to breathe.  
I know it's almost 2 years later, but has he been checked for ALS.  You described my mothers symptoms about 2 years prior to her ALS diagnosis.  This is a critical diagnosis and easily missed by most docs.  We got lucky at a teaching hospital in Dallas, but not before she reached the point of needing a respirator to breathe.

Almost a year ago today I noticed I was burping at least 15-20 times a day. Today, it is still going on if not 40-50 times at minimum a day..Soooo relieved to see I'm not alone on this as many of you are as well. But yet I'm feeling hopeless because I've seen so many people still looking for answers, cures, and causes..
I had an endoscopy done about a month ago, came back clear.
Still in severe esophagus pain, chest pain, bloating, and chronic burping. I'm not one for pills and medications and keep trying to wait this out but am giving up on that as well.
I don't want to have a million tests done and also don't have money to blow on a million tests to just try and find a CAUSE. if anyone has had any REAL SUCCESSFUL cures please let me know..
I really don't want to live with this for years....it's so annoying and discomforting :(
& trouble swallowing is a huge symptom i experience daily.

feel headaches, slur words occasionally, and appetite is completely off track..

at a a loss
My daughter had very similar symptoms, constant vomiting and belching.  We've tried everything the doctors told us to try with no success.  About three weeks ago she stopped taking her birth control pills and the vomiting and belching have stopped for the first time in five years.  No doctor ever suggested this, so thought I'd make the female community aware of this.  
Has your Dad seen a cardiologist?  My husband recently had heart surgery for clogged arteries.  The first thing the cardiologist asked was, "Do you burp a lot.  I recently read on the internet of a man who said he was a jogger, and healthy.  He went to a cardiologist.  All the tests given were normal including his enzyme levels.  However, the doctor perform a test where they take pictures of the heart.  He had clogged arteries in his heart.  Look on the internet for "Angina Pectoris:  Coronary Artery Disease.  Good Luck, I hope you find out what it is.  
Hi, I wonder if the contraceptive pill and recovery from really really bad glandular fever ( vomiting for weeks ) and stress and anxiety are causing her excessive burbing and bloating. With the stress and anxiety has come the bloating and the belching. When it doesnt stop, her fear and anxiety go through the roof. Then she starts to worry about being sick again and then she starts vomiting from the burbing. Sometimes we end up back into hospital with gastro/vomiting symptoms. We are then told it is probably a case of a "bug" like gastro.  It all starts with the burping. I wonder if all of these things have caused the imbalance in the good/bad bacteria in her tummy? The belching only started when she became stressed and anxious about being sick . Same time as starting the pill. She is 16 and has been really normal and healthy throughout childhood.
This is what I go through!  EVERY day for 2 YEARS now. I'm at the end of my tether.  I am so sleep deprived.   I was up till 3am this morning with excessive gass.  It's entirely different from the normal burp you might have after drinking a fizzy drink.  Feels entirely different, and of course mine can go on for 6-10 hrs a day.  It's like this:  

The gass arcs and wanes in the small intestine, you can hear this as well as feel it.  Sometimes it feels like its twisting the small instestine or duodenum as it ascends up into the stomach.  Painful.  Then you get distension in stomach, nausea but the gas doesn't come out on its own.  I have to either slightly twist my stomach or press lightly on it (left side) or lie down with arm pressing in to side, and THen the gass comes out.  It sounds different to a burp, mine's quieter, strained sounding? sometimes with bubbles in saliva.  A burp every 2 seconds for up to EIGHT hours.  What's worse is it's getting worse at night, so it's preventing sleep - can go on from 6pm till 2am.  One night got to sleep bout 1am then was woken burping at 4am.  Started to not eat dinner.  Sometimes that helped - I could fall asleep but most times I still get the gass, even on an empty stomach.  Doctors gave me metaclopromide but that has weird & profound muscle side affects.  

I've read and researched till my head hurts and am tired from having to do my doctor's job for me.  Why don't they offer up some solutions? (I've had an endoscopy, normal).  I don't know whether to go to a naturopath, do comprehensive stool analysis tests (which are pretty expensive), or back to gastroenterologist - or do the GAPS diet, tried the fodmaps, but it doesn't seem to matter what type of food I eat nor the combination (protein on its own, small amounts of carbs, plain rice, veges).

I will keep in touch with this site as this is amazing to hear others going through the same thing. I didn't know of anyone before today.  Hopefully we can all help each other.  Thanks for posting what's helped for you and links about conditions of what it may be.  As I can't really take much more of this.
Cheers

The gas arcs and wanes in the small intestine, you can hear this as well as feel it.  Sometimes it feels like its twisting the small instestine or duodenum as it ascends up into the stomach.  Painful.  Then you get distension in stomach, nausea but the gas doesn't come out on its own.  I have to either slightly twist my stomach or press lightly on it (left side) or lie down with arm pressing in to side, and THen the gass comes out.  It sounds different to a burp, mine's quieter, strained sounding? sometimes with bubbles in saliva.  A burp every 2 seconds for up to EIGHT hours.  What's worse is it's getting worse at night, so it's preventing sleep - can go on from 6pm till 2am.  Started to not eat dinner.  Sometimes that helped - I could fall asleep but most times I still get the gass, even on an empty stomach.  Doctors gave me metaclopromide but that had weird & profound muscle side affects.  

Cheers
whoops.. didn't mean to post that twice!
I totally forgot that I even posted on this forum. Until I just got the email that someone replied to my email. I just now saw your reply.

I'm so very sorry you are having to go through. How are you? I can only imagine how sore your entire body is.It is a horrific ordeal to go through.

After I wrote that post I actually got sicker. Much sicker! I got down to 89 pounds. Here I was eating and eating but was still losing and losing. Turns out...CELIAC DISEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weight loss continued after one year of going gluten free. Had my stool tested and it turned out that I can't even eat RICE.

I had to learn about this horrible disease. And well the modern day doctors say you just can't eat oats, rye, barley, etc...NO gluten is gluten weather it is from wheat, corn or rice.

So I had to go on the Specific Carb Diet. PLEASE read Breaking the Vicious Cycle and look up about Dr. Hass. After ten months on no grains, sugar including no white or sweet potatoes, all organic home made food I went from bed ridden 89 pounds to now (drum role) 110. 98 percent of the belching has stopped!

I'm not in a wheel chair full time anymore! I was tested through blood and the results were positive neg. So I had my stool tested and came back positive for gluten.

I've learned so much by reading the book Breaking the Vicous Cycle. Please go on this diet which by the way it is not easy....the first 8 weeks were very hard on me. The body is going through so much as it is trying to heal, the bad bugs are being starved and then there is the detox the body goes through BUT I believe many of you will be be better.

I've learned that actually IBS (what I was told I had), Chrohns, Ulceritis Colitis, Celiac Disease are the same disease just different levels of it. This eating plan will work. Please try it.

I was eating healthy by listening to eat more grains...and I was eating all sorts of whole organic grains and in reality they were killing me. My intestines were so bad that I could not even digest water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me from studies, the wheat of today is much more different. Read the book Wheat Belly!

Please let me know how it turns out for you. I'm not there yet but I am much better. Most have to stay on this diet for 1 to 5 years.

For the record my one son also went on this diet with me. At the age of 17 he weight 240 now 8 months on this diet and he weights 145.

When you eat something that your body cannot break down, especially carbs, it sits there in the small intestines and begins to rot. Slowly, it moves down where it ought not to go and begins to feed the bad bacteria. Then that bad bacteria will get so over populated that it will go where it ought not to go...the small intestines!

The Specific Carb Diet is design to starve out those bad guys and heal the intestines. It works it really works!

I got wait to hear from you all,
Lynn

Yes that is what my problem turned out to be...Celiac Disease. I got down to 89 pounds bedridden very sick. I had to remove all grains (wheat, corn, rice) and go on the Specific Carb. Diet. After ten months I am now up to 110!

So I agree everyone here needs to be tested for gluten issues.

Lynn
Please keep tested for gluten and try the Specific Carb Diet. It is working for me and it has helped thousands of others.

Keep us updated,
Lynn

Please try to get the book called Breaking the Vicious cycle or spend some time at pecanbread.com. You need to kill that bacteria by starving it. The Specific Car. Diet will do just that.

Lynn

if you are able please try to get that book called Breaking the Vicious Cycle and try to get your mom on the Specific Carb Diet.

Lynn

if you can please try to read the book Breaking the Vicious cycle. I got down to 89 pounds bedridden and this diet has saved my life as after ten months I am stronger and up to 110.

Lynn

From what I have read, Lou Gherrig's disease diagnosis is also has to do with Celiac Disease. I'm so sorry your mother has to go through all this. Gosh..if only you all knew the problem earlier. It took me ten years of suffering and I almost died twice before we found out about Celiac Disease.

Lynn

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. You body needs rest! If I may I got much sicker after I posted that one post. I got tested for gluten and the blood test came back pos. neg. So the doc told me I just had IBS. After 6 months on the gluten free diet (no wheat, rye, barley, etc.) I still was not getting any better. I then had my stool tested and it came back gluten issues. So I gave it more time. I was getting smaller and smaller all the way down to 89 pounds!

Then when I was looking into Celiac Disease I found out that this disease is not new. A doctor named Hass actually saved hundreds of childrens lives by putting them on 'the banana diet'. C.D. has been around for centuries just had different names.

BUT after reading Breaking the Vicious Cycle I learned what is really going on down there. When one has gluten issues which destroys the small intestines the small intestines cannot break down the food especially carbs! So the carbs (sugar, potatoes, rice, corn,etc ) sits and rots. That alone causes major inflamation (inflammation). So as this food that the small intestines could not absorb moves through the system is goes to the other place where it is not to go. Once there that yummy, doughnut has now turned out to be a feast for all the bad bugs!

As they multiply they move up stream into the small intestines and then we have a really bad problem.

The only thing to heal and fix the problem is to starve them! You now have to eat easily to digest carbs such as carrots (some cannot even eat that) and then they starve and your small intestines heals!

Long road as there is no quick pill to heal this.

Please read the book and try it! It is not easy but I am here for you. After ten months I am feeling better. These modern day doctors just say you cannot eat wheat, rye or oats but truly it is all grains until the small intestines can heal.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Lynn
Its over two months, I am suffering from excessive gas, Nexium, pepcid,tums, didnt help me. also i dont have h pylori, Celiac. right now i am on diet and i just eat few things everyday like rice, plain chicken meet, papaya, pears but if i eat sth else it makes me burp crazy, also it affects my sleeping when i have belching i can just sleep 3 hours. It gives me headache and nervous that I really want to die. I am not depressed as well. I appreciate if any one can help me. I am early 30 female.
I returned from a trip to Mexico with excessive belching, enormous amount of gas in tummy, bloating, stomach pain, lack of appetite. My naturopath diagnosed me with PARASITES.  He gave me a supplement by Biogenesis called Para Biotic Plus (to kill parasites and help with symptoms-- 3 capsules twice daily) and a Probiotic that specifically competes with the parasites called Metagenics Ultra Flora Intensive Care (1 per day).  I will let you know how it goes.  Good luck everyone...
I had similar symptoms and through my own research discovered it is low stomach acid. So tums and other antacid would make it worse .Check it out about Hypochlorhydria ,(low stomach acid),and see if it matches up with your symptoms.There are a few tests you can do at home with baking soda to find out .I take a supplement from the healthfood store that helps me now.
I have had a similar problem. Nausea in the throat area and excessive belching. Also have had a variety of tests mentioned above. Long story short a naturopath I am seeing prescribed Repairvite and Gastro-ULC (both from Apex Energetics). I have also recently started taking Aloe Vera, and am feeling very much better. I ascribe it to the first two since the aloe vera is very recent though I note Repairvite contains aloe vera as well. Hopefully this will help - I strongly recommend trying as there is little downside. It took ~ a month for these to kick in.
thank you SOOO much for your post.  i read and soaked in every word.  i particularly needed the part of how to tell if your system has too much or too little acid.  (if the Apple Cider Vinegar burns or not).  

thank you for taking the time.  
Steven
I have suffered on and off for thirty years with stomach pain and excessive belching. I have had stomach surgery for ulcers and have had a gastric tumor removed. Still nothing improved or stopped the pain and the terrible belching and abdominal bloating. I have used all of the gas meds over the counter and the Nexium, simethicone, Maalox...you name it I have tried it...did not work. Five days ago frantic to find some relief I decided to try raw honey and cinnamon powder after reading about it in an article. The recommended dose was one tablespoon of raw honey (not pasteurized) and 1/4 teaspoon of powdered (not ground) cinnamon. Mix to make a paste and eat at least 15 minutes before meals. The pain and belching have been gone since that first dose. I have found that I need to take it every four hours as I need to eat small frequent meals as my ulcers are healing. I have not required any
additional stomach medications so far. I am totally stunned! I used to writhe in pain and belch for hours! This is a miracle for me. I hope it works for you too!
You mentioned that you had your gallbladder removed.  Once that is done, most people have trouble digesting fat.  Try taking bile salts with your meals when you are eating anything with fat and see if that doesn't help the problem.  You can get bile salts at any health food store.
I am 26 and had the same problems, burping, bladder ,nausea, diarriah constipation,..... I suffer from Endometriosis for the last 10 Years and they just diagnosed it last December. I can only eat organic, glutenfree, lactosefree, preservatives free, non GMO,  a vegan diet would be the best but not manageable for me.
Thanks for your comment. I believe you when you say "stress and depression" could trigger the constant burping. I 've tried everything that my body could possibly handle and nothing worked. I then began to minimize any stressful situations as best as I could and it worked. For example I took a vacation last month for 8 days and I was belch-free the whole time. What have you done to help your situation?