Gastroenterology Community
excessive burping and bloating and excessive saliva in mouth

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have had EXCESSIVE burping, bloating and saliva for several years. I have had numerous expensive tests done and all they tell me is to take prilosec everyday. The prilosec has not helped. I find myself taking more and more antacids and the problem is worse. What could be the problem? Please help me..
Have you had H. pylori test? It causes all symptoms you've mentioned.
Avatar n tn
Sometimes acid reducer meds can make you feel worse.  Have you checked the pH of your saliva?

after taking PPIs and acid blockers I got bloating, burping and excessive saliva production. Do you think PPIs could be the cause of the problem?
I was wondering if you got a solution to your problem. I have spent enough on doctors and meds and nobody seems to know what is wrong for 2 years. Please let me know if you found a solution.