Gastroenterology Community
exercise and gastroparesis

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

exercise and gastroparesis

Can twisting the torso and holding it as in some yoga poses cause damage to the pylorus or any other organ that might result in gastroparesis?

Also, has anyone been able to control gastroparesis by chewing longer to more thoroughly pulverize food?

Mike
I'd also like to hear if anyone has had any success with QiGong, yoga or accupunture in healing the nervous system.

I also have a stomach ache that has lasted a week and seems to be aggravated when I move, and I, too, have been doing "The Biggest Loser" cardio max workout every other day and the 5 minute yoga stretch with poses at the end. I was wondering if I twisted something as well, so I was interested in any answers you got, but so far no one has answered if it is possible to twist something internally. Do you have any digestive issues?
I have gastroparesis occasionally. I had the first episode in 6 months yesterday. Sunday I did some pretty intense yoga that involved twisting. I was thinking that holding those positions might have deadened the pyrolic nerve similar to the way that a hand or foot can fall asleep in a certain position.
You can't have gastroparesis "occassionally". It is a chronic condition for which there is no cure. I know this because I got it after gall bladder surgery and have been constantly nauseous for over a year.