Gastroenterology Community
extreme stomach pain and diarrhea for 10 days

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hey, I am studying abroad right now in Estonia. About 10 days ago I got very sick and could not get out of bed. The symptoms included: Fever, sweats, headache, stomach ache and diarrhea. After about 5 days I went to the E.R...they told me it was just a stomach bug..they did an ultrasound and a blood and urine sample. About 2 days ago...all of my symptoms resided. My stools were still loose though. However, they had been getting better and better. Like, more and more solid. Now, this morning I woke up and I had a pretty loose stool. During the middle of the day I had an even more loose stool. And, just right now I had a very very soupy bowel movement and when I looked, it was a yellowish light brown and had bits of tomato skins in it from a salad I had earlier on in the day...also, I have had a sharp constant pain right in the middle of my abdomen that has lasted for about 5 hours now. It only feels better when I  lay flat on my back and stretch out or sit hunched over in a chair...it feels like when you have gas really bad and you just need to expel it....well, I cannot expel it and I dont think it is gas, but that is what it feels like. I dont know what to do...I do drink the tap water over here, but they say that it is safe.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers