Gastroenterology Community
fecal leakage after bowel movement

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

fecal leakage after bowel movement

Has anybody found a remedy for fecal/mucous leakage after - and only after - a bnowel movement?  It's been going on for 2 years now and is annoying.

This discussion is related to Anal Leakage.
You might want to check with a doc to see if you have hemorrhoids. That's one cause of leakage.
I was discussing the issue of anal leakage with my son who also suffers from it.  He'a a smoker.  He said he was taught in high school that once you start smoking cigarettes, the little hairs in your lungs are damaged and in order for the lungs to cleanse itself properly the lungs cause a phlegm that if not spit out thru the mouth will enter the digestive system and tends to excreet from the anus mostly during the night.  The phlegm causes itching which can cause tears in the skin that will bleed.  I know this is what I had because I quit smoking and within a month the problem went away.  The hairs in your lungs will need time to grow back so after quitting you may still have some time with the anal leakage until you heal.
You may, like me, be allergic to fluoride. If this is so, then almost as soon as you come off fluoride the problem will abate, plus any other symptoms. If you want to try this, then avoid drinking and cooking with fluoridated tap water. Use non-fluoridated toothpaste and avoid eating and drinking all processed foods, including sodas, colas and beers made in fluoridated areas. You can drink spirits and organic wine. Don't drink black or green tea, don't eat canned fish or seafood and don't eat chicken paste or chicken skin. If this doesn't work in a few days, I think you need to see a medical professional. Good Luck - Draytonian