feeding after total gastrectomy
My mumu had a total gastrectomy surgery for cancer stoach.  now they connected the eosophagus to the small intestin. what kinds of food can she eat.

This discussion is related to life after a total gastrectomy.
I had a total gastrectomy in 1982 following complications after a kidney transplant. At the time I was early 20s. The kidney still works today and is going well. Following the total gastrectomy I was very ill and in Hospital for several Months. For a few years I only ate little and took 3 years to replace the weight lost following the procedure. Now I can eat as much as any one elsa with my eosophagus joined to my upper intestine. I am very cautious in the morning with quantaties. If I eat a large breakfast I will have a toilet visit after about 45 mins to the minute give or take 5 mins. A consultant Gastroenterologist describet this to me as "dumping". After this I can eat and drink as much as I like. I wish I had known this 20 years ago.
Hope this helps