Gastroenterology Community
first visit to a gastroentologist, what should I expect!?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

first visit to a gastroentologist, what should I expect!?

Hi, I have been suffering from constipation and  have been getting headaches every single day for the past six months now. I had seen a doctor and I was advised to take both enemas, and laxatives which did help at first but now I know I can't go #2 naturally. It's gotten to the point that I don't go for days and when I do I have horrible cramps. I have switched doctors and have been gotten many tests and blood work done and I was told my liver enzymes were too elevated, a few weeks after I got retested and even had an ultrasound and everything was fine. But my headaches persist, they have affected me emotionally, socially, because they get worse when i'm in public. I have a appointment for this Thursday to see a gastroentologist what should I expect? Should I take a laxative the night before ?? any feedback would be great..
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? Were you able to see your gastroenterologist? Initial visits usually consists of identifying  and evaluating your signs and symptoms, your medical history and even your family history. Physical examination is also done. Additional tests or procedures such as blood tests, imaging studies, or endoscopic examinations may be requested to help with the diagnosis. Depending on the results, a treatment plan may be prescribed along with a follow-up plan of care. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
4221726_tn?1351273399
I know exactly how you feel.  i see a GI doc regulary for my gastritis, and my gastritis was caused by a bad GB apparetebly.  Just relax, and everything will be ok.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank