Gastroenterology Community
foam like bubbles in my mouth and throat

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

For many months now I have had foam like tiny bubbles in my mouth and throat. So thick it is often hard to swllow pills. Have checked with Primary Doctor, ENT doctor, lung doctor, even took swallow tests. No one seems to have any answers. This is so thick I have to WIPE it out of mouth with a Kleenex several times a day. Have tried Musinex, and other things but NOTHING seems to work. Doctors do not offer ANY answers. Does any one else have this problem or HOPEFULLY a solution? I am a male 68 years old, not overweight, have Type 2 Diabetes that is completely under control. I am looking for ANY help with this that I can get.

This discussion is related to gaseaous mucus and venting from stomach.
Tags: mouth
Jd, have you been checked for either stomach issues like H. pylori and gastritis, or esophageal issues? Some people with gastritis/esophageal issues experience what you're describing.
Did you ever get any answers on this???? I have a family member that is experiencing what sounds like the same thing.
I just saw on Mystery Diagnosis a few weeks ago an episode about a girl who had suffered symptoms for months and finally starting foaming at the mouth. They scoped her throat etc and I think there was a tear or something.
I have the same thing! I've been experiencing it since my early 20's. I thought I was crazy. People laughed at me whenever I tried to explain to them. It's so annoying and frustrating. I too have to wipe my mouth a few times a day or continue to spit them out in the sink. I would love to know what all of this is.
I'm having this too. Did you get any resolution to this problem? Thanks!
I have been having the very same thing happen for about 4 months now.  I have to spit the tiny-bubbled foamy saliva in the sink or in a cup, sometimes it seems like a hundred times a day.  I also have thick mucous in my mouth constantly.  It all seems worse when I eat or drink anything sweet/sugary.  I saw an ENT with a great reputation but no answers there.  It is very annoying.  I am not enjoying food as much either.  Any answers yet?
I have this..I know what is the problem is and what to do...its a form of sinus infection and allergy...take claratin d and an anti acid..it takes a week for it to start to work...but it works...try not to drink coffee it irritates it....elissianna
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers