Gastroenterology Community
food always feeling stuck in my throat after i eat
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

food always feeling stuck in my throat after i eat

For 2 weeks i can not eat barely any solid foods. When i do,i get a sensation of the food being stuck and it has caused to not wanna eat much of anything'. This all started after a weekend of drinking beer for 3 days straight, I noticed a day after when i was eating a piece of chicken it felt like it was sticking or stuck in my estapagous. I already had a endoscopy done allss they seen was mild gastritis and alil inflamation (inflammation) and prescibed me some acid blockers.. After i went to my medical doctor to get her opinion and she says i coulf have irritated my estapahagas lining and that can take 6-8 weeks to heal to a clen lining.. Can someone please tell me what mite be wrong wit me and what u can take ???????????
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i forgot to mention i feeling burning in my throat alot after i eat
Blank
923105_tn?1341831249
Hello,

Sounds like acid reflux - or maybe GERD.  Try a very soft diet for the time being like soup.

Best medication for that is Nexium.

Hope this helps.
Blank
Thank you.. I Was prescribed nexium an then prevacid but both i felt side effects so im currently taking zantac 150mg so far 4 days
Blank
923105_tn?1341831249
Hi Crissy.

Were your s/e with Nexium nausea, headaches, and subcutaneous eruptions?

If so these are 1- 100 reactions.  Did you have more severe s/e?

As I have a list here of s/e that can happen with Nexium.  What dosage were you given 20mg  or 40mg per day? a for how long did you take it for?

Debs
Blank
i was given 40 mg of nexium after having my endo done i only took it for a day because then i started to have headaches and joint pains in my arms neck and just weird places.. Wouldnt they have said i had gerd after the endo? only diagnosed me with mild gastritis and some inflamation (inflammation) and they also did a biopsy it came ack normal
Blank
btw im planing to go too see a ENT next because alot people are say i should have had the burrium swallowing test done first I Had a throat ex ray that it so far but the burning in my throat i been feeling off and on before this all started
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank