Gastroenterology Community
found pill like object in stool been constipated

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

8024414?1339017176
I have been having problems with my bowels for months now. Doctor did a stool sample and sent away but came back with nothing wrong. First i started with runny loose stools and it has progressed to constant constipation,  extremely extended stomach at times so bad it feels like my stomach is pushing up on my lungs and i have trouble getting a breath. I have been using laxatives for about 2 months as it is the only way to get any relief but only provides a small relief not much at all. Now i am passing these small round reddish brown pill like form coming out in my stool. I took it out of the stool and washed it and it is a plastic covering with a small pin hole on the one side and if you squeeze a red gel like substance comes out. The first one i found a week ago and i cut it and this is how i know it is a hard plastic outside and gel inside. They resemble a generic ibuprofen, they look exactly like the small round ones. I don't take any medications that look like this at all. Anyone have a clue what this could be?
Tags: stool, GI stools passing pill like ob
Does it resemble the laxative you're using?  This is something you're taking that isn't being dissolved in your stomach.
No it does not resemble any kind of pill i have taken that's why i am so puzzled. The laxative is a liquid form so it can not be that. I looked up parasites and found nothing like this, i just don't know. I made an appointment with the doctor for Friday maybe she can help me figure this out.
  It truly looks man-made......let us know what you find out!
Mammo i certainly will. I will let you know what the doc says Friday. Thank you for your time and comment i do appreciate it. It does look man made cause it is shaped exactly like a pill perfectly round and smooth huh????????
Same thing with me, exactly the same with the pinhole and gel and everything, did you ever find out what it was ???
My mom has the same thing did you ever find out what it was?
Hi.  By any chance did you find out what it was?  I see you had the Sammie thing.
Hello. I have found two times that "pills" in my stool. I thought that someone was poisoning me :)

Please if you know something more about it, let me know.

I take some capsules, and I think that the "plastic" of that red things are the covering not well digested.