Gastroenterology Community
gall bladder attack, but NO gall bladder

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

How can I have a gall bladder attack?...I have NO gall bladder.

Gall Bladder was removed.  The last thing I expected was to wake up in excruciating pain.

What do you think the possibilities are???
It sounds like a gallbladder attack you may have a duct obstruction from the surgery or a hidden stone or maybe even a blockage in one of the ducts these are all possibilities.

Blessings
Hey just came across this forum tonight. I had gall bladder removed in Nov. Started hurting pretty bad in Feb. Right upper pain around rib cage area going to back.  Saw a Gastro Dr. in this month, he did a EGD..hes sending me to a Dr. that specializes in SOD(sphincter of oddi dysfunction) I go next week. The pain is unbearable. Constant, does not go away. Read up on it...He wants to rule this out or see if I have it. Its something 15 % of people having their gall bladder out gets. Just a thought..lots of info on it.
Wonder if this could be my problem?  Had gallbladder removed 12/30/09.  Thought I was completely cured, no symptoms whatsoever for one month, then the same pain came back but mild.  Doc thought it was nothing to worry about but its been a week and a half and last night I got nausea.  Surgeon wants to do another HIDA scan and supposed to call me Monday morning to schedule.  
Hi  i'm 23 and over 3 years ago had my gallbladder emergancy removed after a 2 week ordeal of not eattingor drink (couldn't keep anything down) fever sweats chills etc... Was rushed to emerge 5 times to be sent home, just because i was dehydrated. About a month after surgury a dull ach and pain in the same upper right quadrant in the abdomin (abdomen). Was told the pain would go away that it's just from the recent surgury. Now that it's been 3 years to disguss with the doctor about the recurring pain ( have never been given medicine for pain or anything) They sent me for more tests hida scan, spintor of oddi nucleor medicine test. And with those results stats i shouldn' t of even needed to have my gallbladder removed (i believe it needed to go after 2 weeks of continuous vomiting they litterly try'd to kill me) With out going for an ERCP i have Sphintor of oddi dysfuntion in the commom bile duct. I'm terrified what might come of this disease... Don't know very much about it at the moment other then what is stated online. would really like to know what effects this has on the body in the long run... does Sphintor of oddi dysfunction cause (more) damage to the liver, pancreasus and the rest of the digestive system if not dealt with right away. I'm young have a beautiful 1 year old boy. Am i going to be able to live a normal life and watch my son grow up or do i wait to have a comprimised life.