Gastroenterology Community
gall stone removal

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gall stone removal

which is safer or adviced; gall stone removal or gall bladder removal? i av just been diagnose as having gall stones. am 42.
Unless the stone has migrated into the common bile duct and is causing problems, most surgeons/docs will not remove 'just' gallbladder stones. The suggested course of action is gallbladder removal.

To enter the gallbladder through the cystic duct and try to remove the stones typically can't be done as it can result in damage to the cystic duct and the common bile duct.
Get the gall bladder out.

If you make stones you make stones and a deseased gallbladder is not good for anyone.

Me and all my sisters are doing great without ours!!
hmm. thanks. a friend suggested india for the surgery. is that okay?
Getting rid of the Gallbladder!  Stones can always come back and even more surgery and complications.  I did it.  
I would recommend pretty much what everyone else is saying. I have gall stones and plan to have the gall bladder out. I'm a very fit 27 year old male. I think I can adjust to having no gall bladder like most people. The benefits of keeping it are not worth the risk of recurrence.