Gastroenterology Community
gallbladder and dizziness

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gallbladder and dizziness

i have gallstones and am getting gallbladder out in 4 days....

i have been having dizzy episodes for the past 4 months....could this all be related?
?
Nobody answers
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Please be patient and remember that the people that respond to questions on this community are all volunteers and have busy lives too.  You should wait a least a couple days before "bumping" your post if it got forgotten.  It has been less than a day since you originally posted your question so you need to be patient

In response to your questions, the dizzy episodes might be related to your gallstones but the only way to know is to see if it goes away when you get your gallbladder removed.  If the dizziness continues you should see your doctor or a neurologist about it.
i have seen many drs and a neurologist......
I had dizzy spells before my gallbladder surgery, and i have them after.  I do think they reduced in frequency, but I don't know if it was related.  I had a weird feeling my body was "freaking out" about my gallbladder dysfunction, so it's quite possible the dizziness and gallbladder are related.

As I understand it, you are having your surgery this morning.  I hope all went well, and wish you a speedy recovery.  If nothing else, you will not have further gallbladder issues!
I also wanted to add that it's quite possible the dizziness is from anxiety.  You may not feel as anxious after knowing you've had your gallbladder out.  There could be a physical and psychological benefit to having had the surgery.  Again, I hope your recovery goes well.  Take care!