Gastroenterology Community
gallbladder and ulcers

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gallbladder and ulcers

I had an upper endoscopy which showed an ulcer on my esophogus and on my stomach.  H-pylori tests came back negative.  Now I need to have a gallbladder untrasound.  What that have to do with my ulcers?
The gall bladder emits bile to aid in digestion.  If there is a stone it may block the bile from entering the duodenum which is the first part of the small intestine.  If there is a blockage, or if there is a "gall bladder attack" it could cause the acids to remain in the stomach and not move through the digestive process.  Excess acid in the stomach can promote the ulcer.  

It would be very typical for your doctor to perform a gall bladder test to rule out stones or an attack.

Just my thoughts...
I just had my gall bladder removed and then two days later found out I had a bleeding ulser. Please take the test. I know it is unsetteling to think of but takeing care of the problems will help you feel better than you can guess.