Gastroenterology Community
gallbladder ejection fraction

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gallbladder ejection fraction

I have been nauseaus for 1-2 years.  Pain in my right side of mid back and sometimes in front.  I sleep a lot - very tired.  My gallbladder ejection fraction is 34%.  My doctor says I should go on an antidepressant because all tests come back fine and I am fatigued.  Is the gallbladder ejection fraction low?  He says it is not, but what I read says it is.  Thanks.
Your EF is at the lower end of normal, but it's not considered low. What other things have you been tested for?
Its really bordline  I would talk to about doing another if you still have the same problems in 6 more months
Hi guys:  I just read your posts and I am baffled!  My daughter is 24 and we have been going through hell for 10 days.  She has the same symptons as jojojo647.  Fatigue, nausea, and she actually belches, and gags after eating too........and her ejection fraction is ZERO........and the docs say they are not convinced it is her gall bladder.  We are so confused at this point.  We have another appt with a Gastro specialist on Tuesday but in the meantime she is too tired and nauseas to work and is getting so frustrated!
If it is 0% you need to have it taken out anything lower then 40% 0 is bad and hope you had it out if you did cann you tell me the outcome i go wednesday mine is 26%