Gastroenterology Community
gallbladder polyp
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

gallbladder polyp

I'd been having some abdominal pain off and off for I don't know how long,some of of it has been related to my menstural cycle,but mostly every time now I haven't been able to eat breakfast and if I do I can't seem to finish it.I've lost some weight people are commenting on how skinny I look.I went to a Dr who sent sent me for a blood test which came back normal and after that my stomach played up again,I felt light headed and nauseated, loose bowels again and I went to the hospital who suggested I had a tummy bug.I since had a referral for a scan of my stomach and everywhere else in my abdominal area,I went today and they found a cyst on my R/ovary and a 5cm polyp in my gall bladder,the sonographer told me that it doesn't usually become a concern till they get to 10cms,I'm halfway.When my Dr gets the results,is the best thing for me to do is insist on getting my gallbladder removed?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

With the suggestion I would expect the polyp to be 5mm (rather than 5cm). Smaller polyps are less likely to be malignant and would not require a gall bladder removal. It is only the larger polyps (>10mm) that may have a chance of turning malignant and require a cholecystectomy.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
The sonographer said it was 5cms not 5mms,but thanks anyway
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources