gallbladder sludge
Ok, I just found out that I have sludge on my gallbladder.I have been having symtoms for 5 years now and been to so many doctors and they just now realised that it was sludge causing my problems.But all they told me about it was that it will most likely turn into gallstones and I will end up having to have my gallbladder taken out and that until that happens all I can do is watch what I eat but I can't take dealing with these symtoms anymore so if anyone knows anymore information about it or anything I can do to help with the symtoms would you please let me know.

This discussion is related to Gall Bladder Sludge.
I had the same exact thing.  I was diagnosed with sludge and gallstones 6 years ago but never had any pain.  I did have very bad heartburn and couldn't even have a glass of water without getting it So I took nexium for years.  I only experienced a soreness on the right side but never thought anything about it.  I finally decided to go to the doctor and tell her about the soreness and she sent me for an ultrasound.  She told me I need to have my gallbladder out because of the gallstones.  I did a lot of research and found that if I didn't have my gallbladder out it can turn into pancreatic cancer.  Well that was enough to scare me into doing it.  It's been 3 weeks now since I had it removed.  The only thing I noticed is that you have to be careful what you eat.  I'm not saying you have to diet, just be careful that you don't eat things that you know will be hard to digest. If you decide to have the operation done and it's laproscopic, don't worry, it's nothing.  The operation was only 30 minutes and I was home in a matter of a few hours and took no medications at all.  Let me know what you plan on doing and yeah, get at least two opinions.
I have been trying to search regarding this problem. I just came from one of the hospitals here in Hongkong and diagnosed with sludge gallbladder. I have been having this pain for two to three years and I have been to several doctors but was not diagnosed with this except for a high uric acid and still taking medicines. I am being referred to a specialist and will go tomorrow, and trying to search here for any suggestions. I have been suffering for an abdominal pain for four days now and wish it will not be that worst as I am single mom with four children to takecare of. I wish that if ever I will decide or if I needed an operation it will be a laparoscopic cholecystectomy only and not a laparotomy... as I still need to work for my two children who are still studying.