gallstones after cholecystectomy
About 17 years ago I had my gallbladder removed. The path report showed 2-1 inch green colored stones.There is no question it was removed as a physician friend of mine was  in the OR observing and I saw the path report. A recent abdominal US -done for another reason showed a gallbladder with a 1 inch stone. This is shaped like a normal gallbladder but is about 1/2 the size of a normal one. It is obviously not the common bile duct which is clearly visualized. I saw the scan myself and 2 radiologists agree. Of interest is a scan I had done in 2006 in another state for my complaint of "feels like I still have gallstones". US and CT at that time reads"status post cholecystecyomy 2.6 x2 cm anechoic area in the region of the gallbladder fossa"-"post cholecystectomy surgical change. Any ideas of how this occurred and what to do.
People can develop stones after the gallbladder is long gone, unfortunately. As for the 'new gallbladder,' it's possible for the common bile duct to 'balloon.'