Gastroenterology Community
gas, bloating, pain, constipation

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gas, bloating, pain, constipation

here is my question. I am 29 male in reasonable health. 5'9 about 175. In reasonable shape. I work hard for a living in a factory. About 10 days ago I was walking through my house and all of a sudden i got a pain in my upper abdomen. Not a sharp pain, but a dull discomfort. I felt as I needed to rush to the restroom. I was constipated completely. Makes sense with the pain right? But the pain just hit out of no where. Well I stayed very constipated for about 3 days, and the pain stayed too. I took a full dosage of milk of magnesium. It seemed as it cleared me all out if ya know what i mean. It worked well. The next thing I knew I was constipated again as soon as the MOM was out of my system, by the next day. a day or so later another round of MOM with the same results. Over the last 10 days the uncomfortable sensation in my upper gut has remained. and I am able to have very small bowel movements now. They are strained and, sorry to be graphic, but the peices are always small and very thin. Also over the past few days it seems that every time I eat, no matter what it is or even if its very light or bland i get horrible upper GI gas and bloating. Now today, the discomfort in my upper abdomen and the upper GI gas is worse than usual. Again, the pain isnt severe or sharp. It feels some what broad. Sometimes in direct center of my upper abdomen, sometimes a bit left or right or across the entire area. Right now, its direct center and a bit more intense than it has been. and it's usually worse after I eat or try to have a bowel movent. Now for a brief history: 10 years ago I had a battle with non-hodgkins lymphoma. a year and a half of chemo and I was all clear. And have been since. The doc's don't have any concern of it ever returning. Due to the chemo, the excessive vomiting and family history I have GERD. I take neium daily and have for about 8 years. I also have a lot of colon problems from family history. I had a colonoscopy done a year ago because I was having 6-8 BM's a day and they were really loose. They didnt see anything of much concern. They attributed it to my eating habits and the fact I had my gall bladder removed in 2005.  The doc prescribed Welchol and Cantil to do what my gall bladder is supposed to do. And it helped out a lot with my BM's. any help would be appreciated. I thought about seeing my family doc this week but he is closed for the week and wont be open til next week. Thanks!
Hi buddy, I am no doc. here, but I get constipated at times here
It probably is a good idea to see your dr. after they are open again.
This might help some. The MOM works well for me too, but takes so long to work.
If you want, try a Fleet Glycerin suppository.  I use them when I have problems and it works in about 15-20 min.  It really helps. I am 36 male here.
Ok, drop me a line here, or you can drop me a note by clicking on my name.
Talk to you soon buddy,
Matt
I am having same problems. Had a CT Scan last Tuesday and have not got the results back yet. Have been this way for weeks. Am wondering if medications I am taking are causing the problem. Will let you know. Good luck to you.