Gastroenterology Community
gas and colon noises

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gas and colon noises

In the last three weeks, I have been experiencing gas and loud colon noises.(grumbling). I stay healthy in daily work outs and stay within weight limits. Also, eat fish 5 times a week for the fish oil intake. Meat maybe twice a month. Drinking is limited. At 65, I have not changed my life style much. Take  Whats up do you think?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  You might want to try eliminating lactose to see if that helps.  People can all of a sudden develop lactose intolerant which can cause the problems you describe.

Unrelated to your question, you should make sure you are eating low-mercury fish.  Eating fish that is higher is mercury 5 times a week can cause health problems.