Gastroenterology Community
gas and leg pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gas and leg pain

after a nights sleep (laying down),I feel full of gas.....thys and upper legs have sharp pains.  Can a build up of gas cause that leg pain?
Hi notsosuppernana364,

First, I want to welcome you to the PM (Pain Management) Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. We are all CP (Chronic Pain) Patients that help each other with our own expertise and experiences that we have developed through our own CP Issues.

I'm sorry that you are suffering this type of pain in your legs!!  I don't know the answer to this but it would seem possible for that type of pressure to cause discomfort in your thighs.

Have you had this leg pain before without the gas pains?  Do you have any type of lower back pain at all?  Certain types of back problems will cause pain down your legs, also.

If you have a lot of gas problems you might consider posting, also, on the Gastroenterology .

Here's the link:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Gastroenterology/show/68

I hope that you will be an active member on our PM (Pain Management) Forum also!!

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask and we will do our best to help you!!

Hope you feel better soon.........Sherry  :)
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  A build up of gas would not cause leg pain.  I would recommend looking for other causes of the leg pain.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers