Gastroenterology Community
gas pain under rib cage and back pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gas pain under rib cage and back pain

Well I am a mess I have years and years of problems gastrointestinal wise that only seems to get worse.  The most frequent is I was in the ER for severe pain in my right lower back and abdomin (abdomen). An ultrasound was done and the ER physician mentioned a blockage in my bile duct. After telling the docs of my previous 12mm kidney stone stuck in the ureter they did a catscan and found a 3mm stone stuck. All said and done the kidney stone was taken care of. However during the hosp stay i continued to have severe pain on in my back on both sides and my abdomin (abdomen) under my rib cage that worsened when I ate or was given pain meds. I continuously told the nurses but seemed to be ignored to this day now 6 weeks later I continue to have pain after eating small even bland meals. I immediately build up with gas pressure under my rib cages making me look 9 months pregnant. the pain protrudes on both sides of my spine causing me to need to use a heating pad. The pain is so intense that it has caused nausea and even vomiting. I am 10 weeks pregnant so testing is limited. although the prior test i signed consents for. Im not sure what else to do. Pain meds do not eleviate the pain at all, sometimes a bm will help but not always. I am at a standstill the docs look at me like im nuts. Before becoming pregnant I had a small bowel series that showed a lot of gas throughout the intestinal track after 4 hours the drink still hadnt made it to the end. I told the radiologist if I eat it goes right thru me. So he sent me off to get something to eat and return in 30 min. by the time i returned to his office and he did the xray the barium was already gone. He couldnt believe it. what am i to do now. I cant continue with this pain and if its something severe what r the chances of the pregnancy making things worse and causing small bowel obstruction or something.