gas ub strange places in the body
I can get gas in strange places in my body. I know it is gas because when i hit my side or pound on my back i can create a burp. the gas is very painful and can travel through my body to different parts causing very strange symptoms. I can create a burp within a few seconds by hitting my back with my hand ( like burping a baby) The gas can be in my side, middle of my back, hips, etc,, sometimes it feels like my lungs hurt but i can tell it is gas. I have had this gas lodge in a place for days and the only relief can can get it is walk aroudn until i can burp or pass gas enough to relieve it a bit. The gas can get so bad at time that it contorts my body and i cant stand up straight. Has any one experienced this and how can it be corrected? am i doomed to this the rest of my life,, what foods can i avoid that could be causeing gas in such strange places in my body.

This discussion is related to Gas pains in strange places.
Gas can only travel inside you stomach and intestines (large and small).  If you are getting the sensation that it is outside this area, then seek medical help, because it isn't gas.  Gas can be very painful, and if it's this bad you need to see a doctor.  Usually IBS causes excessive, trapped, and painful gas.  This is easily treated, and I recommend you see a gastroenterologist.
Hey mom has the exact same symptoms....did you find out what was the cause or did u find any cure for this?