Gastroenterology Community
gastric pacemaker

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gastric pacemaker

i am looking for a web site or somebody who has this done maybe gastric pacemaker. i had my ballbladder taken out when i was 20 years old now i have gastroparesis it's slow empting my stomach i have had alot of test done and this is what it should i have. i have  alot of health problems to. is it safe to have.and one dr. put me on zoloft what is it for? and zanex what are those for? i take alot of meds now . i think i am their  guinie pig.
Good news: You're not a guinea pig.

Bad news: You're a human with very human issues. But hey, at least you're not a guinea pig.

Probably the best resource I've seen on gastroparesis (including a pool of people who've had the gastric pacemaker) is the Yahoo Gastroparesis group. (Go to groups.yahoo.com and search for "Gastroparesis".) You'll probably be able to interview a few folks who've had the pacemaker put in. It seems that it works for most, which is a good thing, but don't take my word for it: ask the people who've been there and done that.

Good luck.
thanks i'll check it out.
i had a pacemaker implanted 3 months ago and i've had nothing but problems since. I used to suffer constant nausea but no vomitting somehow or pain either. Since i had the op everytime i eat i get a severe pain on the lower right sight which cripples me for hours. the surgeon has no idea what's causing it but my gp says it can only caused by the electrical output caused by the pacemaker which makes sense to me. currently i'm stuck in limbo, eating even less than i did b4 the op