gastric pain
I am a 37 yr old black male and I have been having strange discomfort in the left side of my stomach for about a couple of months. I went to the emergency room and the doctor there diagnosed me with acid reflux but I am very concerned because I have taken the medicine prescribed and the condition hasn't gotten any better. along with these symptoms, I have had night sweats, chest pains, and insomnia. I have a drinking problem as well so I am really concerned about myself. Can anyone tell me if there are any other alternatives besides gastric cancer. one other thing, my blood work came back with high protein levels. negative for HIV,Hep C, ect.
Any answers?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  What medication have you been taking?  I would say that it is unlikely that you have gastric cancer.  Have you seen a gastroenterologist about this?