Gastroenterology Community
gonna explode
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

gonna explode

I'm 46 years old.  Had constipation and fullness for a couple of years.  The last few weeks it has gotten worse.  I have very non productive bowel movements (small thin peices or strips in small amounts).  I also never feel an urge to go.  I was prescribed Polyethylene glycol which did nothing to help.  I was prescribed a "mild" supository which lead to what I would call dry heaves of the rectum with no bowel movement and resulted in more pressure.  I went in for a CT scan (with a full colon).  After the scan, the Berium was expelled but no fecus.  I feel like I am going to explode.  I was told that the scan showed nothing.  I still feel like I'm going to explode.  I was told I could take a more effective laxative (Colyte) if I would like.  No, I would not like.  I'm affraid that if the mild laxative made me feel more pressure and fullness, what would happen if I take the Colyte?  I'm really at a loss as to what to do.  Do I find another Doctor?