Aa
A
A
Close
gonna explode
I'm 46 years old.  Had constipation and fullness for a couple of years.  The last few weeks it has gotten worse.  I have very non productive bowel movements (small thin peices or strips in small amounts).  I also never feel an urge to go.  I was prescribed Polyethylene glycol which did nothing to help.  I was prescribed a "mild" supository which lead to what I would call dry heaves of the rectum with no bowel movement and resulted in more pressure.  I went in for a CT scan (with a full colon).  After the scan, the Berium was expelled but no fecus.  I feel like I am going to explode.  I was told that the scan showed nothing.  I still feel like I'm going to explode.  I was told I could take a more effective laxative (Colyte) if I would like.  No, I would not like.  I'm affraid that if the mild laxative made me feel more pressure and fullness, what would happen if I take the Colyte?  I'm really at a loss as to what to do.  Do I find another Doctor?  
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1

May I suggest that you read a reply posting I placed a few minutes ago to "Vonnie80" - about 10 postings above this one.  Maybe this will be of help...??
regards
Morecambe
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Well, I eat lots of fibre.  I drink plenty of water.  I haven't had junk food in a long time.  I am reasonably active.

Anyway, thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
Top Digestive Answerers
Blank
fntn