Gastroenterology Community
h. pylori eradication and constant burping???
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

h. pylori eradication and constant burping???

I got mono this summer and in the beginning my doctor wasn't sure what it was and had me do a stool test.  It came back positive for h. pylori.  I did the antibiotic therapy and four months later retook the test and it was negative.  The problem is.. I almost wish I had the h. pylori back.  I have never had stomach issues like I do now.  The worst thing is that I have this annoying constant burping all day long.  I've tried antacids, changing diet, and gas x, nothing works.  I've been taking probiotics for awhile and haven't seen any improvement since.  I've talked to my doctor and he said that my stomach may just be getting back to normal.  Does that sound right? He said if it continues I may need and endoscopy and an ultrasound of my gallbladder.  I have not pain or burning and strangely the only thing that makes the burping go away is laying down! If anyone has any similar experiences or advice it would be much appreciated.  I hope I don't have to live with this now.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1839241_tn?1319941632
I had the same problem I have been treated 4 times I can't stop burping I got my gallbladder taken out and now I am sick all the time
Blank
I have been experiencing the same for a couple of months, stopping only when lying down as in your case. I have been taking Nexium for mild gastritis and esophagitis and acid reflux. I played around with increasing and decreasing (up to not taking it at all) the dosage but it did not make any change.

I had my galbladder taken out 5 years ago. From my research online, it's one of those things many people have and nothing seems to fix = none knows why it happens / how to fix. I am posting here in the hope that someone can prove me wrong.
Blank
I have had the belching for 4 months and I have pain  in my side especially when sitting but laying down takes it away  I had gallbladder removed 8 years ago and have been treated for pylori 5 times before and I just had ct scan and ultra sound I do not know what is wrong but I need some help but right now on blood thinners so no scope I am not use to  posting so I hope I did this right so I to am looking for answers
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...