Gastroenterology Community
h pylory how i can get rid of it for good

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I had H pilory on 2004.  I did the entire antibiotic treatment. On 2006 after a blood test I had H pylory again. Now in 2009I had an endoscopy done and I have H pylory again Im drinking the antibiotic again. Im tire of taking antibiotics for this bacteria. I would like to know if after the antibiotics treatment if it will have it again ?
Check your water source. Also think through any ways that you could be contaminated via a fecal-to-oral transmission.

In addition, after finishing the antibiotics (typically it's 2 antibiotics and acid suppression meds at the same time) and waiting a specified period of time, do the breath test and make sure you've wiped out the existing infection. Sometimes the antibiotics don't work and you can't assume just because you took the meds you're free of H. pylori.
Avatar n tn
Yea. I was dianosed with H pylori in May a day after our wedding by a simple blood test. I took the Proton pump (antibiotics) and am still having issues. Went to a specialist and he said that the h pylori wasn't causing the gastritis which puzzled me. Am going to see a new specialist and hopefully he'll find out if I still have h pylori and if it's still the thing that is causing me the discomfort and pain.
Avatar n tn
I don't understand why they sell the antibiotics if they don't work on some individuals. I feel doctors does not have an specific reason Accordingly to them it works but why it keeps coming back.? I'm not drinking them again if theirs a third time. The antibiotics have given me to many side effects. I feel the antibiotic company is getting a good sum of money. Lots of human being are taken this Prevpac  treatment. Accordingly to them it works but why it keeps coming back.,
Hey guys,

What issues do experience after prevpac? It is being one year since I went through H.Pylori treatment and now left with many side effects. I went through many possible tests and doctors and nobody can confirm what exactly wrong with me.
I also tried different kinds of probiotics with no success.
Does anyone have any siggestions?

Thanks.