Gastroenterology Community
haveing burp/hiccups....need help....

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

haveing burp/hiccups....need help....

i had a collapsed left lung on my birthday feb 23 of this year.i Didnt get to the ER for 7 hrs..my wife called 911 and i was rush to the hospital.they took a X-ray .they did the chest tube thing was in the hospital for a week .now i am having a problem with me burping all the time.have no control over it 24/7.then ill get to the point where i am vomiting its been like this for 9 mos..bought every anti acid meds out on the market today have found nothing.changed my eatting habits.dont drink sodas.i have only Found that vicodin,percent,lortab was keeping me from burping for a little while but kept me spaced out 90% of the time.i have stopped smoking for the last 10 mos quit cold turkey after the lung thing went down..my doctor rec a Upper GI but have had up to 30 xrays done to me in the last 11 mos to try to figout what the problem is and now i am scared of cancer from to many xrays..in the xray you can see the air  in my stomach under my left lung..i dont have INS i have to pay out of my pocket..do you think a GI will help???