Gastroenterology Community
having colonoscopy/upper endoscopy done please answerr these questions!...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

having colonoscopy/upper endoscopy done please answerr these questions!!!

ok,so i have had stomach issues for 6 years. i am 20 years old,and my doctor and i agreed this was the best way to find out whats' wrong. ihave had blood testing for celiacs,ultrasounds,stool work etc!!!!! all was ''normal''

i have some concerns though!!!!

1-i have hemmorhoids due to my stomach issues/ im scared that the colonoscopy will hurt badly due to this...im also scared that even if it doesnt hurt during the procedure...it will aggravate the hemmorhoids so badly that they will hurt afterwords... any thoughts?

2-i have a chest injury from lifting weights. and  i havent gotten it resolved, because the orthopedic doctor  iwentt to was useless. its around the sternum area. i have heard that a side effect of the upper gi is chest pain...given the fact  i already have a chest injury, im really scared this procedure will tear my chest up even worse than it i!!! my sternum is pretty much torn apart..obviously its not that bad if im still able to function,but its still a bad injury...im just nervous this will aggravate it!

3-my doctor and i discussed that reaching the ileum is the main goal of the clonoscopy. it is imperative we try to reach it to get a clear sense of whats going on with me. my friend who has chrons says its a waste of time if they dont get to the ileum...either way whether its a waste or not,  i want them to search my ileum. my doctor said  sometimes patients ileum's cant be reached. im  concerned he wont be able to get into mine!!!!!!!!!! help!

4-ive heard the movi prep is horrible...how am i gonna get through this ?? ha.
noone knows?

its really frustraiting when noone answers.
Hi, hope I can ease your fears a little.

1.  The colonoscopy will not irritate your hemorrhoids, the scope is a very small tube and your BM's are more likely to irritate them than this small tube.

2. The endoscopy tube is also very small, you swallow bigger bites of food, and in no way will it affect your sternum.

3.  A colonoscopy is never a waste of time.  It allows the bowel to be viewed and any polyps or other issues can only be found this way.  They normally reach the ileum, if they don't they will find an alternative way, don't worry about this until you know if you have anything to worry about.

4.  The worst part of the prep is the many trips to the bathroom, and it only lasts a couple of hours.  Keep a book or something to read, and keep your anus covered with vaseline to keep it from getting irrtitated.  This irritation is the biggest complaint, but I've learned all the tricks.  You will find out this is a big nothing and will wonder why you were so worried about it.

It is really not bad, my 3 chiuldren had to endure them every year since they were little kids due to an hereditary colon disease, they never complained.  Take care.
thanks fort he reply

im not sure if my chest injury is in my sternum,but  i know i feel pain there as well as the ribs. so the upper gi wont damage it? i hear that chest pain is a side effect of the upper gi (and thats for normal people without injuries so i figured maybe itll aggravate or worsen my already preexisting one)

i was thinking of sitting in the bathroom the whole day of the prep but it might make the hemorrhoids worse?

ive heard hemmorhoids could be repaired surgically. do you think my doc will try to fix them during my colonoscopy

ive also heard bad things aboutt the anesthesia they use. what kinds should i ask for?

i had a pipe down my throat as a kid for my vocal chords..i really hated it i m scared the upper gi wil be so bad..if its as small as food why will itt make my throat sore?

also are polyps symptomatic?  i hear people have polyps removed. is that just to PREVENT things like cancr, or is it possible that  ihave polyps and removing them wil lcuse me relief.
bump? noone wants to help me huh? some gastro ection this is...like my questions are hard.....you know how hard it is seeing no answers to my questions here..what is it to long for you
bump
not gonna stop bumping
If you are patient and wait a couple days, people will answer your questions.  All the people that are answering questions are just regular people that are doing this in their spare time because they like to help.  We are not paid or anything for this.  We are not answering your question because it is too long or hard, just because we haven't had the time yet.

The reason why upper gi's make people have pain are either because the tube causes people to swallow gas which causes some discomfort until they release the gas, or because the tube causes a sore throat.  You may get more chest pain for these reasons, but it shouldn't aggravate your preexisting problems.

You shouldn't sit on the bathroom the entire day because it will worsen your hemorrhoids.  However, you can stay nearby to the bathroom so that you don't have far to walk to get the bathroom.  Make sure you keep your rectum moist with something like aquaphor.

The doctor will not repair your hemorrhoids during the colonoscopy.  They are not prepared to do this and the surgery to repair hemorrhoids needs to be talked about in detail before it is done, and it is not always done for hemorrhoids.

I don't know about which specific kinds of anesthesia they use, but you will probably get sedation as opposed to general anesthesia because it is safer.  This is something you should discuss with your doctor before the colonoscopy.

Usually when they look at your vocal chords they do it by numbing your throat and they sticking a tube down just a short way for a short time.  In an endoscopy, you are sedated so you usually don't remember they are doing it.  I've had two endoscopies and I remember nothing from either of them.

Polyps can be symptomatic but they usually are not.  Polyps are removed to prevent them from turning into something worse like cancer, but rarely it will actually help your symptoms by removing them.
thanks for the response! when you say i may get more chest pains,you mean temporarily im assuming is this right?

ma im so worried about this,but i need this done...ive been wimping out too long! ha.
Yes, the chest pain is temporary until the gas passes from your stomach or goes into your intestines.
im nervous
You really should be ok.  I have had tons of endoscopys and colonoscopys.  The worse I have had is sore throat for a few days.  Did not aggrevate my chest at all.  I have had polyps removed also during the colonoscopy.  You may have a little bit of gas but thats normal.   The prep was not mad when I had miralax drink mixed with gatorade and dulcolax pills.  Can they do this method for your prep?   I was in the toilet a lot but did not stay in there all day. Do not eat very heavily for the few days before you prep and this can help.   I could eat broth and jello the day I was prepping so I was not as hungry.  

I have tried all methods of sedation such as

Demerol - Made me hallucinate
Versed you are out of it and should not remember much but some people wake up a little during the procedure
Nothing- endoscopy was uncomfortable but not unbearable colonoscopy did hurt a bit
Propofol - similar to general anestesia.  I felt nothing and was asleep the whole time.  My favorite method.  Only to be done in a hospital with an anesthesiologist controlling it.
meant the prep was not bad..
i told my doctor about the cheating method,and he said id get cheat results. he wants me to use movi prep which i nso scared to do...ive contemplated the miralax method(can  ido it with apple juice instead of gatorade???) i jsut want to get cleaned out so they can find what the hell is wrong with me!!!!!

also i have another question...lets assume i get my olon perfectly clean..can that in itself relieve my symptoms? is it possible im suffering fro ma dirty colon? i hear your colon is clean when youre pooping clear liquid..that has to be good for you
The cheating method?  What is that?   If you mean mirilax/dulcolax method then it would be fine.  I was always told to drink with gatorade so not sure about apple juice.  Maybe the gatorade helps to replenish your electrolytes since you are going so much.  I did that many times and I was 100% cleaned out.  All my GIs recommend this method.  

Cleaning your colon will not get rid of symptoms .
i meant the miralax method when  i said cheating. the doc said movi prep cleans you better but im scared i wont be able to drink it...and  also its 60 dollars.
how big ar the duralax pills?

and can you post the exact method. i am not very smart so dont wanna screw it up

why wont cleaning your colon get rid of symptoms? isnt it possible somethings stuck, and you dont have a condition like chrons..i see all these drcolonix ads
The dulcolax are tiny pills. I will send you a message.  Unless you have a serious blockage then it should not make symptoms go away.  If you have diverculitis or chrons etc the prep is not going to help it.

i asked them around 2 weeks ago if theyll do it with no anestisia and she said no..i was thinking of asking for none when i go there...do they need my permission? im embarraseed.

can i refuse the sedation?

my mainr easons for not wanting sedation are
i dont trust anyone to do anything to me when im unconsious.
i dont like people having full control over me when im unconscious,unaware,and not ready to defend myself
basically im saying i dont like not being aware of what people are doing to me

ALSO i hear the versed messes with your memories.....that crap wscares me.

ive heard of people doing an endoscopy and colonoscopy with no sedations.
i also wanna see if he can reach my ileums,
I did both with no sedation but it was in Italy .  I am not sure if they will do it here.  Can you get it done with the propofol?  This does not mess with your memory afterwards.  You wake up and do not have a drug hangover.  
Do not worry about being asleep while this is done.  You would rather have that than feel whats going on.  
how was it with no sedation? im not sure which method they are going to use. i heard the propfol was worse. i just really want it with no sedation. iv e read of people doing it with none. idk if they have to ask my permission. i feel embarrassed demanding none on the table..im not the most assertive guy

im also so nervous they wont reach my ileom
The propofol puts you completely under.  Its a very powerful drug commonly used for  general anesthesia induction and maintenance.  It is known for leaving you with no drug hangover or memory problems . It has a very short half life of a couple of minuted so it is given in increments during the procedure and you have a rapid awakening once it is stopped.    Doctors are now starting to use this in place of versed.  I dreamed during the procedure and woke up when they were wheeling me back in the room.  I was completely coherent in about 5 min.  I was a little sleepy for about 20 min and then felt normal.  I would only get this if you are in a hospital with an anesthesiologist administering it not a nurse or dr.  Since it is potent you want someone trained in CPR and airway management.

When I had no sedation for colonoscopy they could not finish because it hurt quite a bit when they had to maneuver around turns.  For endoscopy it was unpleasant but I was able to do it.  It did hurt some.  So depends on your pain tolerance.   I was gripping the side of the bed praying for it to end soon.  I was completely fine afterward.  

When I had versed and when I had demerol I was in and out of it during procedure and tried to pull scope out of my mouth and was high for a while afterwards.   I did not really like either.    The demerol was the worse out of the two.  I got sick and hallucinated as well with that.
so i am not being paranoid? versed will leave me with memory problems???????

im screwed if i do im screwed if i dont.....

im so close to cancelling this procedure...ive got enough cognitive problms as it
With Versed you can possibly be really out of it after the procedure and will want to probably sleep.  You may not remember much of what is said to you after the procedure so thats why they tell people to have a person with them to remember it.  It is nothing long term but it may bother some people to be so out of it for a little while afterwards.  
so its nothing long term? when u say little while after do u mean days? weeks? god im scare
The problems associated with versed will not last longer than the rest of the day at the max.  I personally had no problems at all with versed.  Do not get it without sedation; you will be in tons of pain.  You seem to be having a lot of anxiety about this procedure.  I would call your doctor and talk to them to put you more at ease.  The doctor's won't do anything to you while you are asleep that you guys haven't talked about.  The doctors will make the best choices for your health.  The worse part of the entire thing is the prep that you have to do; if you can make it through the prep, the procedure will be totally fine.
agree with patient.  Its is only the rest of the day max.  I went home and slept for a few hours and then was ok.   I would really try not to worry so much.  The procedure is not that bad.  
i have a question. you know how chrons is a chronic disease? and sometimes u have symptoms and sometimes u dont...well if u get the colonoscopy done when ur not symptomatic does that mean theyll have less chance of finding the chrons or ux then if u  got it done during a flare up or so?

does that mean they wont find it all all even
cause right now im not super symptomatic
They still should be able to find chrons disease even if you are not symptomatic.  However, a colonoscopy also looks at other things that you could have.
alright  i have another question. you guys claim the colon prep wont help with my symptoms(if  idont have UC,OR DHRONS) BUt what about the mucoid plaque??? when u do the cleanse the mucoid plaque comes out. is this movi prep a different cleanse that doesnt get everything
In my opinion, mucoid plague is just a term to make people want to buy colon cleanses.  Mucoid plague is just the lining of your intestines which to most doctors is harmless but to alternative medicine people it is thought to cause problems.  The only way I believe a colon cleanse will help you is if you were constipated.
Sorry, I meant to say plaque.
my gastro claims hes using mac sedation for my procedure...or general anestisia
should i find someone else? according to my research 90 plus p[ercent of these are done with conscious sedation. ive got enough health issues without going under general
Before switching doctors, I would ask your doctor if he is willing to do some type of sedation instead of general anesthesia.  I don't know why a doctor would do general unless the patient asked for it or needed it because of a health condition.  General anesthesia is pretty safe though and it won't make you wake up feeling funny.  However, if you are getting general anesthesia, make sure an anesthesiologist will be administering it as opposed to just your GI doctor.
i asked them if theyd do no sedation and they made it clear they didnt care what i wanted and said they do mac sedation...i doubt theyll do twilight if i asked.
i think an anestigiologist is required to administer mac?
so general you dont wake up feeling sick?
but conscious u do?

ive read that general can also be any mix of drugs inclusding those from conscious...like versed to erase ur memory..which is doemthing i dotn want
can gi problems cause random sore th i get thsoeroats ugh
Some GI problems, namely reflux, can cause sore throat. I can really relate to your anxiety about this procedure, but can I reassure you by saying 1) I had a gastroscopy 2 weeks ago and I was more distressed prior to it than even you seem to be. It turned out to be an absolute breeze. I was so stressed prior to it that I thought of cancelling it many times. They used Hypnoval and propafol. I actually like the effect of hypnoval, which u are only aware of for about 4 seconds before u go to sleep. The after effects were just mild relaxation, as if u were dozing somewhere peacefully in the sun without a care in the world. Doesn't last long. I had a very slight sore throat...no big deal. Last week I had a different procedure and that was with propofol only. Again I went straight to sleep, and within 2 minutes of waking in the recovery I was reading a Womans Weekly. The anaesthesist came to check on me and some of the nurses were joking that I wouldn't remember what I had read. so I told them the 1st 4 articles I had read in the magazine. So NO memory problems at all. Don't try without the sedation. You are at least as tense about this as I was and I don't feel I would choose that option in retrospect.
Secondly, where I work I hand out the colonoscopy prep. Many of the customers are old and frail and have had lots of colonoscopies. They manage the prep fine...its nobodies idea of a fun day, but you will be able to do it. These old folks are barely mobile enough to get to the toilet and they still get thru it OK Buy soft tissues and vaseline. You will get thru this just fine.
i was going to call my GI tody and say i wanted conscious sedation instead of general anestisia. i was also going to say i did not want versed or an amneisia drug, i just wanted something for pain. is this reasonable? and what drug should i request for pain? well tey take requests? they prob are giving me gen anestisia so the anestiologist is not out of his paycheck im sure.
When are you having your tests?  I think waiting is obviously the hardest part.  I think all of the worrying you are doing is probably going to be worse than the tests themselves.

Please dont take this the wrong way but you really need to have some sort of sedation, you are way too nervous and way over thinking everything.  I realize it is scary but thats one reason the sedation will help you.  Secondly there are nurses and other people in the room so there is no reason to be paranoid about what they are doing to you while you are sedated.

Try to relax a little and hopefully you are scheduled soon so you can get answers and get this behind you.

My son at age 5 had an endoscopy and handled it very well.
You should not just get a drug for pain.  You should get sedation.  As I've said before, the amnesia is only during the procedure and this is what you want!!!  You don't want to be remembering what happened during the procedure.
i dont want an amnesia drug at all. i want to remember everything that happens..i dont want any memories erased.

i dont want general anestisia

i dont see why they cant do the conscious sedation with out the amnesia and jsut give me the pain sedation

italy gives zero sedation. there is no way im letting them stupify me with amnesia medication..i have a right to remember what goes
I am sorry to be mean but you are being too restrictive on what you want.  Every person over 50 is told to get a colonoscopy and 90% of them do it with regular sedation and they are totally fine.  And many many people under 50 are told to get colonoscopies because of digestive problems.  I am currently 17 and I was 16 when I had my colonoscopy.  Even after vomiting continuously during my prep I was able to finally keep the prep liquids down and I did the procedure without complaining and I don't remember the procedure but that is the point.  Do you really want to remember a doctor sticking a tube up your rectum?  The doctors are not trying to hurt you!!!  If you really think they are going to do something bad to you during the procedure?  If you think that, then there would be millions of lawsuits to doctors for colonoscopies.  They are not erasing your memories, they are just making you so sleepy that you don't remember anything.  Have you ever had a friend talk to you in the middle of the night and you don't remember it the next morning?  It's like that.  Pain medication like vicodin, morphine, oxycodone, etc. are not used for colonoscopies.  If you are going to do it without sedation, then you do it without anything.  Many people have tried to do it without sedation and they couldn't finish the colonoscopy because it was too painful.  You can't be this picky and say you want this, but not that, and you want to pick and choose what you want.  My advise: ask for sedation, not general anesthesia but take whatever type of sedation they give you.  It sounds like you have never have sedation or anesthesia before and so you just need to go for it and try something and then next time you can say whether you liked that or not.  You can't go off other people's experiences.  When my dad had sedation, he remembered everything from the procedure and when I had sedation, I remembered nothing.  Go with the sedation, you will be just fine.
i dont understand how requesting conscious sedation like 99 percent of all colonoscopies are done as opposed to general anestisia is picky?
then to take it further  idont understand how requesting just the sedation part without the amnesia effect is picky?

from my understanding conscious sedation is comprised of a pain medication that knocks u out but still leasves u conscious, then an amnesia effect to take away the memory of the horrible things they do to you.

id like just the pain medication. i would rather remember them sticking the tube in me,and it being horrible,then me not knowing what happeneed ever. ive got enough health issues as it is
I'm not saying that asking for conscious sedation over general anesthesia is picky.  Asking for something which is almost never done is picky.  Conscious sedation does minimize pain and makes you not remember what happened.  However you can't just choose which one of these you want.  They come together.  I'm not even sure if you can just get the minimizing pain part without the amnesia.  I'm pretty sure the medicine does both.  And anyways, pain medications cause amnesia in some people.  I was on 24 hour vicodin for 3 days and I have no memory of those days (proof that pain meds can cause amnesia).  As I've said before, you may have many health issues, but neither a colonoscopy, nor sedation, nor not remembering what happened, nor general anesthesia will make any of your health problems worse or create new health problems 99% of the time.
ugh idk anymore
i called my hastro with concerns on the procedure,and he didnt even call me back so i might look for a new one....a guy who doesnt care to return my calls doesnt deserve to have me on the table.  i really dont feel comfortable doing this procedure any  other way to be honest.

ive heard coplonoscopy was painless with no sedation...and i hear its painful
I think it's important that you are getting the procedure done by someone you trust.  Colonoscopies are not painless with no sedation; they are very painful.
is orange vitamin water a clear liquid???

also im just so nervous theyll moce me around and aggravte my injuries...and istill cant stop thinking they wont find my ileum and ill go through this for nada.
You, test deprived... are acting just as I did before my colonscopy.. I first had a sigmoidoscopy... without any pain medication.. It went alright.. afterwards.. i told myself.. wow.. that was uncomfortable.. plus.. later.. the doctor ltold me as nicely as he could that the procedure was made more difficult by me asking constant questions.. . he was attempting to navigate.. take specimens.. ect ect.. then.. i had to  get a colonoscopy and endoscopy.. i did the endo first.. without medication.. I can tell you right now, you will have to give your trust, and your complete faith in the doctor doing it, because its not something you can just jump off the table from when they start the procedure.  It was not painful for me, but I can tell you now, If I have to have it done again, it will be with sedation.  The colonoscopy, I did .. without medication. i will NEVER do that again.  The prep was nothing.. not a big deal.. i just went to the bathroom alot.. I requested to have no sedation due to my anxiety, and the fact that I couldnt handle the thought of being sedated and out of control.  I will tell you now, even awake.. you have no control. you have to lie VERY still.. and keep calm.. and you will hear everything the doctor is saying. the nurses.. they even had an anesthesiologist in the room just in case I freaked out.  On the inside..  I was freaking out.. there are just some things you should do asleep.. It was painful, scary... and I will never do that again awake.  I made the procedure more dangerous by being awake than asleep.
My husband just had one done.. he went  in... they gave him an IV, they wheeled himi to the procedure room... and 15 minutes later.. he was out.. asking for a Dr. Pepper. I was like.. wow.. then 20 minutes later we were on the way home... On the way home... i was just like. wow.. that was it?? LOL. Inmy case.. I still think about the pain, how It made me feel.. i KNEW i had to get it done.. no matter what.. and that my friend.. is whats most important. Even older patients with  heart conditions get sedated.. its far more risky staying awake. believe me. I wish you the best.. you will be alright..
If you can look through the drink and see things on the other side, it is a clear liquid.  They need you to lie still during the procedure so it would be unlikely that they would hurt your injuries more.  Not all colonoscopies are able to get to the ileum.  But even if they don't, it wouldn't be for nothing.  I doubt that the only thing they are looking for is at the ileum.  If so, they wouldn't be doing an endoscopy.
my friend had chrons in his ileum and nowhere else...so if  ihave chrons in my ileum and nowhere else im totally screwed and ill never get treated...a barium swwallow is a crap method compared to colonoscopy

i cant read through apple juice and its a clear liquid so do u think vit water orange is
There is a very small chance that the only place where you have the problem is in your ileum.  There is also a chance that the only place you have a problem is somewhere they don't biopsy or that you have a problem in the middle of your small intestine where they can't reach (ever).  They might not be able to reach it and you need to prepare yourself for this.  There is nothing any doctor can do about this, life just isn't fair this way.  You need to stop worrying about things that are only very small chances.  If they can't get to the ileum and your colonoscopy comes back normal, you can't go through life thinking you have chrons in your ileum.  If you can see anything at all on the other side (ex. you moving your hand back and forth), it is a clear liquid.  You don't need to be able to read through it.  I don't know what vit water orange looks like so I can't tell you.
I just had my colonoscopy five days ago, so you can't get much more fresh info then this. First of all Im a type one diabetic, I have internal hemmroids, and I had no problems with the procedure. This is about my 5th colonoscopy.
I will go through start to finish. First ...you don't have to drink all that stuff. I have a problem with vomiting it all up, so they gave up on that idea, and they have me drink a bottle of magnesiun citrate 10 ozs. then 6 hours later 4 duculox tablets, then 6 hours later an enema. Then an enema in the morning before the colonoscopy. You are on a liquid diet the day before. Don't plan on going out on that day, because I was going to the bathroom very often the whole time, so you don't want to be out shopping, driving, or anything else.....because you will need a bathroom quickly each time.
The prep I was on was not that bad. The magnesium citrate almost taste like lime pop, and its only 10 ozs. You have to drink 8 ozs. of water right after, but that was no problem for me. The pills....no problem, the enemas ...not great, but I endured.
The day of the colonoscopy at the hospital, or clinics ... they take you in to change into a hospital gown. Then they take you in to your prep area where they do your vitals, and put in your IV.
Then you wait for your turn.
I had general with mine. The last time I had the twilight sleep I kept waking up.....and I can't deal with that, so they did general on me this time...I slept right through. This is not saying that you won't sleep during twilight sleep....some people do fine with that. My hubby did fine with the twilight sleep.....he doesn't remember a thing.
Make sure with either....you have someone to drive you home.
I woke up in my prep area.....wondering if I had it yet, and was glad to hear...I did, but it seemed like only 2 min went by. During the colonoscopy they put alot of air in your intestines to help them see, and they want you to get it all out when you get back to your prep area, so its fart fest time in that whole section......no need to be embarresed....every ones doing it.....it sounds like a pod of whales doing their wonderfiul whale calls. You now get something to eat, and drink, then you get to go home. It really is not that bad. If someone ask me what was the worse thing about it.....I would say the IV part. I have such small veins it takes several trys, before they get it in, but the rest of the whole thing to me.... was really not that bad.
Blessings
LMAO@ sounds like a section of whale pods .. and fart test.. i had forgotten how wonderful it felt to fart.. not only because everyone was doing it...but because it was jus so nice to let it out..  and also.. no one cared.. it was like ehh.. just rip em out.
That was the best part of the colonoscopy. My husband said to me....I didn't know you could fart, LOL
Have you heard whale songs....it sounds like they all are farting. I had this relaxation tape I would play at bedtime with the whales, but it was so much like they were all farting I could not go to sleep, so I gave up on that one, LOL
so ur telling me if my colonoscopy comes back normal..despite having stomach problems..that i should suck it up and live with it in stead of trying to get to other areas it may be.......not to be rude,but thats a stupid idea....

anyway the doc said  im getting propofol for my colonoscopy that sounds like the best thing i suppose no versed
If you read what I said that is not what I said.  I said "If they can't get to the ileum and your colonoscopy comes back normal, you can't go through life thinking you have chrons in your ileum."  I'm not saying you should stop looking and live with it.  I'm saying you can't think that you have chrons in your ileum just because they couldn't get to your ileum.
well then how am i suppsoed to find answers if it comes back normal...
There must be some other way to see the eileum. I would talk to your doctor kiddo.
A colonoscopy is not a tell-all test.  Just because a colonoscopy is normal doesn't mean there isn't anything going on.  There are others tests that can be done to try and find what is going on.  I had a normal colonoscopy and a year later they finally found the problem through other diagnostic tests.  There are some other ways to look at the ileum, the main one being a barium enema.
When are you having your colonscopy & endoscopy?  You have been posting for a month now.  I think that you have had too much time to worry and reseach any possible thing that "might" go wrong. All the worrying and anxiety that you are having for a month can only be wreaking more havoc on the stomach problems you already have.  II think you need to try and focus on something else until you finally have this test done or you are going to drive yourself crazy over this.  Hope your tests are soon so you can get this behind you.
i was scheduled to have it for the 30th of july but i injured my back and wanted to recover,now im scheduled for the 13th of august =(

im worried because  isee all these threads on this site saying people are in pain after these procedures.

btw my doc is going the propofol route i suppose thats best really. byt michael jackson died on it lol.
I know I said it was painful.. BUT.. that was without anything.. no twilight sleep.. no propofol.. NOTHING. you cant expect to have something placed into your rectum, moving upwards into your large intestine.. with air being poofed into your inards and not be in some type of pain.. I experienced absolutely NO pain after the procedure. My husband NEVER felt a thing.. he used the propofol, and about that.. . yes.. Michael Jackson died as a result of several things.. and propofol contributed.. due to the fact that the proper medical facilities, as well as the proper medical staff... were not present.. keeping a close eye on what was going on. you need to understand that MJ had been using so many  other medications along with propofol... and.. too much of it. with practically no supervision.   hospital.. or procedural clinic is alot different. You are going to do just fine!!
ive had a canker sore for the last 1-2 weeks im scared theyll irritate iit during the endoscopy
If you get a good GI doctor the proceedures are painless. Mine will put me to sleep and then I will typically wake up after it is all over.  My first full colonscope last year made me very nervous.  I was asleep the whole time, woke up in recovery, and the doctor was good enough to removal all the air for me.  This last time I had a scope down my throat, which made me pretty nervous because of a bad gag reflex.  My throat was numbed, and I was put to sleep and woke up after it was all done.  I had a second sigmoidscopy and was put to sleep, I briefly woke up and saw some TV screens (felt nothing) and fell back asleep.  The first time anything gets scoped or for another reason is terrifying.  Why?  Because you don't know what to expect.
The endoscopy will not irritate the cancer sore anymore than you eating and drinking will.  They put a mouth guard type thing in your throat so that the tube just goes straight through your mouth down your throat.
cancer sore????
I had the Michael Jackson Stuff, and I lived through it, and I felt no different after I woke up then normal. I wasn't even tired. My intestines also felt fine after, and I had two polyps, that were biopsed. I would have the propofol again.....I liked it much better then the twilight sleep Versed. If your worried about your canker sore tell the nurse when they are getting you ready. They may be able to put something on it to keep it soft, so it doesn't get dry, and that will make it easier to open your mouth. They have stuff now that dries them right up, and makes them go away. If you want really strong stuff....call your doctor.
I meant canker sore, don't worry.
oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just realized that my procedures arer on FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!!!!!!!
im superstitious this is horrible...and he has limited availability like months apart so icant really change it also......im so scared....even more so
Its a superstition. It depends on which religion, which culture, and where you live, and who you are as to whether or not you choose to believe the whole Friday the 13th thing. Some cultures see it as a lucky day. You need this test!! You are going to be fine!! I bet you will be posting when you get home on the thirteenth... telling us all what a breeze it was.. Are you going to be scared? probably.. most of us are when it comes to the unknown, and when it's being done to us, but, this... is going to go well... you will have the answers that have been torturing you for so long, and you will be able to move on with your life.. !!
are you having people on? im sure you would have asked your doctor all of these questions and he or she would have explained it all to you. so i think you should trust your doctor and take it on the chin
@mozart...thanks for the post..i really hope this procedure gives me the answers..i am just anxious enough, and  iam superstitous as it is...i bet since its the 13th he wont see my ilem =p also i found this post on a site....tell me what you think....

''Skeptics are prone to saying that it's only a superstition, which is true, so it won't have any effect on your surgery, which is not true. Surgery is done by a doctor, who is human and who may be superstitious. There is an increased chance, just based on that, that it may be 'unlucky' to have surgery on Friday the 13th.

People, even people who don't believe Friday the 13th has a supernatural significance, tend towards having more stress on days they are culturally aware are considered 'bad'.

Personally I don't believe Friday the 13th has any supernatural significance but being skeptical I can't allow myself to then assume it has no behavioral significance. Doing a little research confirms that it does. A British medical study advises not getting surgery on Friday the 13th.
Reference: Both of these sources are British, but I would assume the behavioral patterns would be consistent with the US:
http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/DASL/Datafiles/F ridaythe13th.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/82929 46

But buyer beware, people might also be more careful on Friday the 13th:
http://www.thestar.com/living/article/44 2746'''

@confusedbydocs...im not sure what  you mean by people on?
The day you have your procedure or the doctor doing it or the mood of your doctor will not change whether they can see your ileum.  It is not something of how good the doctor is.  It is just how your body is built that determines whether or not the tube is going to be able to reach there.  This is a very routine surgery and I'd say that more than 90% of people over the age of 50 have had one.  The only thing that would go wrong is that you would react badly to the medication, which would not be changed by the day you are doing it.  You really need to stop stressing out by asking so many questions.  This is only making it worse.  By googling "colonoscopy on friday the 13th" I saw that you have also been posting on a physics site about the superstition.  If you would like to change the date of the surgery, that is up to you.  But asking all these questions is making your life more stressful and it doesn't sound like it is easing your mind.  I'm also surprised you think you have chron's disease and that you would be relieved to have it (there are many other conditions that have the same symptoms as chron's disease but are much more manageable).  Would you mind posting the symptoms you are having?
i will just combine all of what  ijust said into one post...btw i havent eaten anything today and its 630 pm...ill prob force myself at 630...
yeah but chrons is an autoimmune disorder and it would explain a bunch of other things.

i get random sore throats..like now
random canker sores like now...
headaches
stomach problems everyday..naseua..gagging when trying to eat..no appetitie all day
my bowels are either diareehea or constipation(primarily constipation) but sometimes normal -_-
doesnt matter what  ieat really..although sometimes the symptoms wil lease after  iforce feed myself...sometimes they will worsen...
i have joint pain..im vitamin d deficient but taking vit d hasnt really helped
also have some lymph nodes under my jaw

prob not mentioning other symptoms...ive got a lot....

beleive it or not asking theese questions is easing my mind to the point where im not canceling the procedure. im still very anxious about ti but you and the fine people at physicsforums.com haa are easing it to a small degree atleast.

oh and another symptom of course is anxiety and ocd but thats not chrons related obviously...although assuming  i have chrons my anxiety is related to worrying about it

im dreading the prep..i hope  ican get it down..cause if  icant idk what to do....

as far as them reaching the ileum..my friend said that it took 3-4 to reach his...so when u say how ur body is built im confused? do u mean how it is built for that day

btw u are very knowledgeable for a 17 year old...hope that knowledge isnt from ur own bad experiences also. but it seems that the most knowledgeable are those that suffer themselves.
Continued..(i also have a 2mm pituitary tumor which every doctor ive seen claims is not causing my symptoms...and they refuse to remove it....

so im hoping its the chrons....cause  idont think any other gastro condition could attribute to this..not even UC? at this point  ithink my issues are gastro related if not pituitary tumor related at this point....i have to think the random sore throats are flare ups..
part 3-
forgot to mention im tired like 90 percent of the day and usually find myself sleeping..or trying to sleep through the insomnia
You're correct, your symptoms do sound like chron's disease.  The prep for me was miserable.  The biggest piece of advice I can give on that is to have someone there with you that forces you to drink it every 15 minutes.  And yes, the most difficult part is getting it down.  For me, the biggest problem was keeping it down because I would vomit it back up after a couple of minutes (however, I have a condition where my stomach doesn't empty properly so this probably won't happen for you).  What I mean by how your body is built is that some people have more "twisted" intestines than others.  If your intestines are very "twisted" the scope won't go through it.  On different days someone's intestines could be less "twisted" than another day (and this can change with time) which is probably why they were finally able to get your friend's intestines after 4 tries.  The pituitary gland controls a lot of functions so if you are having medical problems I'm surprised a doctor won't consider removing it.  Unfortunately, I am knowledge from having my own medical problems and spending hours on the internet researching and talking to my mom (who's a doctor).
i just looked up\p remicade..which is what a friend takes...and it says it suppress the imune system. i  confused...isnt a person with chrons suffering from these problems like cqnkerr sores,flare ups,sore throats..etc causenof low immune functions...especially lymph nodes....

it said it lowers ur immune system so ur susceptile to bad illnesses! like cancers!

my gastro was telling me most chrons meds are bad for u also

u said my symptoms sound like chrons,but what about uc? OR anything else?? or do they only sound like chrons?
some sites say uc is autoimmune some dont

oh i didnt mention...my diet is horrible. ive always struggled to gain weight..but i am an active weight lifter..right now im losing weight =( but im around 175 a 6'2
anyway my diet is poor. the reason its poor is for 1 reason however....i go the WHOLE DAY(LIKE 12 HOURS) not hungry at alll.....th n i get to hour 12 and realize ive had 0 calories...so i decide to eat fast food and drink ensure plus...other wise if  i ate greens or something id be rail skinny....although i dont think my poor diet is really the problem
ive always had a poor diet...but my stomach issues have developed since sophomore year of hs..(6 years ago)....stomach problems were the first health problem ive ever had which makes me think maybe my other stuff is coming from the chrons and not the piuitary...well if i have chrons...but then again i did start having cognitive decline  in 6th gradei suppose...anyways patient915 and all the others...this thread has been great. so many questions answered
ive been lifting 6 years also...whats funny is my problems started 6 years ago when i bought a whey protein powder and drank it....but  i discontinued it..maybe it was coincidence
You keep posting all the bad things that can happen and the superstitions of Friday the 13th.

Well how about the power of positive energy and positive thinking.  Maybe you need to start looking at the glass as being half full instead of half empty. Im sure if you reseach going into surgery with positive energy and thoughts you can find all kinds of posts on how much better it is for you.

You have went from just having the normal nervousness of the unknown of the tests to being extremely fearful of them not seeing the ileum to being afraid of different types of anethesia to being paranoid about what the dr. might do while you are sedated to being worried about having the same sedation that Michael Jackson used to being a wreck about Friday the 13 th.  

You need to think positive until your tests.  If you have this much anxiety in your life you really need to find a way to control that also in order to help what ever is going on with your stomach.
Autoimmune means that your body is attacking itself so that is why someone with chron's disease would take immunosuppressants.  There are other conditions that fit your symptoms too though.  You need to stop eating the fast food.  You are making your problems worse by doing this.  Have you tried Zofran for your nausea?
im so confused. so chrons makes the immune system atatck itself..which means the immune system gets weaker obviously...which would explain all the sicknesses

so..is using an immunosuppresent the only way tot treat chrons??? wont that probablyh make me worse off????????????

also remicade said u shouldnt use it if u hve other health problems....which i do from my synmptoms.
Seriously dear you need to relax and stop overthinking everything until you have your test.  You do not even have a diagnosis of chrons yet.  Please be kind to yourself and wait and see what the results are and then go from there.
I agree, you need to stop thinking about what medicines you would take when you haven't been diagnosed.  If you get diagnosed with chron's, post back on this site and we will answer all your questions.
Have u tryed maybe a camra pill for a compleat look or maybe u can ask about it I assume its lass advasive if ur really worried but im not sure if the immages are equivilant to the scope. I had one with a boibsy they uasly knock u out so ur body will be relaxed so it should not affect the hemroid I have one to. U may be a bit gassy though
I have crohnes.... and in remission.. i had a few bouts with UC that almost resulted in having parts of my intestine taken out.. i have had  stomach problems all my life. I find that the more nervous i become about something medical.. or other triggers.. I find myself where you are now testdeprived.. IF you are even diagnosed with crohnes.. or UC, or something.. there are steps you can take...for yourself.. ( patient  heal thyself) such as diet, walking.. getting plenty of rest... and not eating fast food.. did you know that you could be sabatoging yourself by all those weight lifting supplements?? There are  steps that you need to take in order to get your gastro health into alignment...
1.  get the colonoscopy and endoscopy.. it will do you no good to continually ask the what ifs.. the how comes..and the omg's.. is this it's?  

2. Upon diagnosis, look into what you can do, as well as listening to your doctor, if you feel that your doctor is not doing things in your best interest..then find another.

3. If you have auto immune disorder.. ( I do , and many of us here do as well) realize that this is not a death sentence, and each individual handles it the way that they find works best for them.  one size does not fit all.

4. Look into seeking help for your anxiety.. you would be amazed at how worrying can cause so many things that you wouldnt think about.. ( Believe me, I know this)

FYI, most fast food has MSG, so does why protein, there are many additives manufacturers place in foods, keep that in mind.. you could be allergic.. see an allergist after you get your colonsocopy and endoscopy.

5. At this time, before your colonoscopy.. do your best to keep your mind in one place at a time.. you obviously are very scared, and this is normal, for some, its a breeze.. for some.. its inbetween.. and for others.. like you.. and I have to admit.. for me, when faced with the uncertain, we tend to overdramatize things that are actually not a whole lot to worry about.

6. Look into relaxation tecniques.. this has helped me immensly.

I have auto immune disorder.. Hashimotos... UC, Crohnes, laryngeal esophegeal reflux, osteopenia, migraines, malabsorption syndrome, 2nd degree AV Block, and I could go on and on and on ..lol.. the point is.. THESE are all manageable.. you have to take things one step at a time!! worrying about many things at once will not only cause you to constantly fall into fight or flight all the time, but you cannot even begin to center yourself into reason.

Your colonoscopy and endoscopy will go just fine.  You will get your results, and you will deal with it, just as we all do, you have no choice, and you will be so proud of yourself for doing it, because you are going to be that much stronger.

I am sure we all here are supporting you, and we will all be thinking about you on the thirteenth.. and we will be here for you when you get home, and tell us about how everything went.  Take care!!
thanks mozart. i dont take any supplements for weightlifting..i stopped that 6 years ago...and took them very rarely after on and offf.
the only thing i take now is a pack of store brand ensure plus....but lately i cant get that down.
the reason i eat fastfood is because if i didnt i would waste away to a skeleton..from eating NOTHING. and im not gonna have that.

its 4am right now...but yesterday..i only ate 2 double cheeseburgers the whole day(dollar menu doubles nothing huge) i bought 3 but kept gagging in burger king. i got home and wanted to eat it,but felt tired and went to sleep cause i ususally feel tired...it doesnt help they arent allowing me to take my vit d pills before the colonoscopy/although those arent helping even at 10,000 units...and im always to tired to go walkin

i keep telling myself the ensure,or fast food is doing this to me...but to be honest ive had these problems for 6 years..i keep thinking my injuries from lifting are doing this...but they cant be...cause i only got injuries recently.last year...

oh and btw i found this thread on chronsforums...some people eat ff 4x a week -_-

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=2496
oh no!! my doctor leid to me...i called last weeek and asked what anestisia they used? they said propofol....anyway..i wanted to be sure so i called the hospital im getting it at today..since my procedure is tommorrow...and they said ill talk to the anesthesiologist and he will decide then...how can i trust my doctor if hes lying?

im happy  though,cause she  said  icould request the procedure with no amnesia drugs...we will see if shes truthful
I am sure that when you get there.. they will take a full medical history... and then decide what is best for you.... I am SURE that the anesthesiologist wants to discuss all your options, and find which option you would prefer.. this has nothing to do with trust.. this has everything to do with the doctor making sure that you feel a part of this... because you are!! and your doctor is NOT an anesthesiologist... he does not specialize in that field.. when they said you will be talking to the anesthesiologist.. take that as a GOOD sign.. they want to cover every base.. and make sure that whatever medicatoin you are being given.. it was is best for you. your gonna do great!!
he doctor only told me propofol..so i called the hospital and they told me im talking to the anestheiologist. i haave written a term of conditions that i will not be swayed from thst  i will tell the anesthesiologist....(also can i have my dad present when i talk to him? i dont want anyu doubts i said what i said to this guy)

my conditions are....
no versed(midazolam) of any kind
no amnesia drug of any kind
no demerol or generic of any kind
id prefer to have it done with just fentanyl..but i asssume this wont happen cause the doctor refused to do it conscious..
if they refuse just fentynol then i will demand to just have it done with ONLY propofol..z ive ehard thats the only other acceptable anesthesia for a colonoscopy...endoscopy
You can have your dad present when you talk to him.  For me the anesthesiologist came into the room where I was being prepped in and talked to me for a minute before I was wheeled into the OR.  I just wanted to clarify that fentynol and propofol are not the only the acceptable anesthesia for a colonoscopy or endoscopy.  I got versed and was just fine.  Just letting you know propofol is an amnesia drug and you will not remember the procedure just like versed is an amnesia drug so you will not remember the procedure.
Again I understand that you are nervous especially of the unknown.  But some words of wisdom, you need to stop being so negative, paranoid and mistrusting of the doctors and the hospital.  I have worked in the medical field for a long time.  While I agree that being on top of things and fully informed of your medical care is a good idea, I think being overly negative, mistrusting and such only puts your doctors and health care team on defense which does not lead to the best medical care.    While the doctors are not perfect and can make mistakes they do go to medical school and are highly trained in their specialties.       Try to have some faith in them and think positive!
patient...if imn understanding correctly..the reason i will not remmeber the procedure with propofol is because  i will not be awake right? its not because it  gives me amnesia right?

versed you are awake during the procedure but it erases your memeories?

i wish they would just do it with fentynol.
Amnesia means you don't remember it, whatever the reason.  You are right about the propofol that you are asleep which is why it gives you amnesia.  Versed depends on the person, but for me I was fast asleep during the procedure which is why I couldn't remember it.
well i dont want the med to do anything  to erase my memory...i dont mind the amnesia...although i prefer not to have it...but i will take amnesia by sleep as opposed to amnesia by erasing ur memories!

well im about to take my first dose of movi prep...kill me now
You know test deprived... think of the prep as a cleansing.. because thats what its doing.. its getting all that quote un quote crap out of there... the prep isnt that bad.. you will see... you just go to the bathroom alot!! take a portable DVD player into the bathroom.. thats what I did..take reading material.... knit... weave... read... watch a movie, talk to your cat... its not that bad.
i think i messed up the prep. i did my first 1 liter bottle at 4L45 pm(was supposed to start at 5 but knew od be slow)..i was supposed to be done in one hour...but  ididnt finish until 6;30 pm!!!!!!   i tried!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway i  did have some explosive bathrooom moments,but  i dont feel i crapped out my guts to be honest....
at around 7;30 i decided to take a nap. i felt horrible... i was supposed to start my second 2 liter bottle at 9 pm, but  i couldnt get my self to do it...i just had my first glass at 12 am...and it took me 20 mins to drink...im sorry guys but im trying!!!!!!!!!1 and im not really going to the bathroom my tummy just hurts....oh and before  i had the worst cramps
Keep it up!!! No one is perfect!!! you can do this!!!!  You will be great... just try your best... do what the instructions say.. and try your best to relax!!  I can tell you that not one person is perfect at doing this prep... your going to be great.. you may not pass alot of waste.. some do .. some dont.... dont sweat it!! justdo your best!!  are you pooping out clear liquid ? what color is it? give it  some time.. i bet the cramps are a result of the prep... just moving things along...
right now its total liquid, and is a pee color yellow.....i started bottle 2 at 12..and have only drank half of it....i suspect ill have my third glass at 15 minutes from now

im not seeing any mucoid plaque btw lol.
not to mention..im not even chasing the prep with 16 oz clear liquid...i cant do it =\
ive been drinking about 8 oz apple juice per 2 glasses of prep thats the ebst ill do
now i have hemmorhoids!!!!!! i just want to cry i just got over my chronic hemmorhoids...and now this prep gave me them again....i have 12 oz left in the second container and im tempted to stop...but im still yellow right now
you are almost there!! you can do this!!!  
what baout my hemmorohids. it hurts so bad now...and itll hurt during my procedure....i gave up and stoppedfrinking the last 10 oz..i figure  istill got some time my procedure is 11;30pm

its 2;19 am
I have those.. and did the procedure without medication.  you are getting medication.. you wont even know they are doing the procedure... believe me.. everything is going to be alright.. its getting closer and closer... and you are getting yourself worked up .. i understand.. but i am telling you .. you are going to do just fine... you need to do your best to drink that last 10 oz.. to ensure that you are completely cleaned out.. so the physican can see everything he needs to see... if your hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) are painful AFTER the exam.. I am sure that the physican will give you something to help with that.. its not something you should be worrying about.. I have hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) too.. so do many of us here.. its far more important to get the procedure done than to worry about the roids.. take care!! talk to you soon!
my roids were all cleared up until i started this procedure...i really think i messed something up here...let me go through it all

my sggested plan was to do 1 liter of movi prep at 5pm and 1 liter at 9 pm..drinking 8 oz every 30 mins. so i should have finished liter 1 at 6pm and liter 2 at 10 pm

heres what  idid
i started liter 1 at 4;45 and  i ended liter one at 645.....so 2 hours..
i noticed  iemptied my bowels but nothing spectacular and went to sleep at 7l30
i woke u at 12am
i started liter 2 at 1210
by 1;45 i  had 2 cups of liter 2 finished
had 10 or so oz left...decided to drink like 4 of those at 330 am and stopped.

i didnt feel real diarreheha. i felt like  i still had to force myself to have diarrhea like  i was constipated. but when i pushed  i got liquid. right now my liquid is a light yellow like ****.

my colon doesnt  fell really clean

also this has produced such painful roids.
You really need to finish all of the drink.  The time in which it takes you to do that is less important.  My moto when doing it was unless you're vomiting, even if you feel like you will vomit when you drink it, chug it!!!  It is normal to feel like you have to push hard to get out the diarrhea.  Also, you will not get cleaned out if you do not drink enough additional fluids.  The way the moviprep works is to draw fluid into the colon.  If there is not enough fluid to draw in, it won't work.  So chug lots of water!!!
how is it normal to have to push haed? fro mmy understanding it gives diarrehea which should come out easily on its own

i just had the procedure done. im pretty upset. the doctor found absoulutely nothing wrong with me. he got all the way to my ileum. hes doing some biopsies..i dont remember what from..i was pretty out of it(which is odd because they claim they just used propofol)

i looked at my pictured and my colon and esophagus look red,so i dont understand how thats not inflammation.....

overall im really really upset nothing has been diagnosed. at this point i wish i had ulcerative cholitis...i have symptoms as it is...at this poinnt having ulcerative cholitis wouldnt be bad...id have answers....im disgusted.

i would like to scan all of my images onto my computer to post here...as  i think it would be beneficial....anyone know where  ican scan images to a pc? and have them sent over? staples maybe?

oh, and they didnt give me an anesthesiologist report which i find fishy...they claimed all i got was propofol,and  i was knocked out the whole time,but its still really fishy.
oh and apparently there's another doc in that hospital who does colonoscopies no sedation.....
hey look!! you are alive!!!! They reached the illeum!!!
NEVER wish you have ulcerative colitis . NEVER>

change your diet.. stop the fast food.. eat healthier.

start thinking more positive.

the test is OVER.. walk away.. with a sense of accomplishment... you did it!!  Find the positive in that...

if you want to read the report.. then go to medical records and ask for it.. you have that right.

how about allergies???
never expect an instant diagnosis.. these things take time.. just be thankful he saw nothing serious.. you are blessed!!  move on and start by changing your diet... see an allergist... for all you know.. you are allergic to wheat.. gluten ecte ect..and thats what you are ecperiencing symptoms. you never know... until you try.
the reason i eat the same way i do is because if  ididnt..i would be 6'2 150 pounds...and be depressed cause  i look like crap. eating this way i am 180 pounds and still just as lean believe it or not!
i feel bad no matter what  i eat...i have good days ad bad..more bad...im just disgusted he found nothing wrong. i went through this procedure for nothing...not even lie  i had a polyp in me that he removed to save my life

he also said  idont have hemorrhoids  i have something else?? even though they feel like hemorrhoids..although i guess if ive never had hemmorroids and have only had these i wouldnt know what hemorrhoids feel like. the thing he said  ihad started with a p...but it wasnt  a phisher.

I WANNA KNOW WHY  I FEEL LIKE CRAP! ill be in my room crying if anyone needs me lol!
Congratulations on making it through.  I agree with Mozartcowgirl, you do not want ulcerative colitis.  Be happy they found nothing!!!  Having a diagnosis like chrons and ulcerative colitis are not good to have; it's not like you can just pop a pill and be alright.  There is no cure to either of these problems and if you want to be thankful that you don't have them, just google complications of chrons or complications of ulcerative colitis.  There are ways to get lots of calories without eating junk food.  I would recommend talking to a nutritionist and see what they say about ways to get lots of calories.  Also, talk to your doctor about zofran for your nausea.  For now, try drinking something like ensure which is a good was to get healthy calories.  You didn't go through the procedure for nothing.  Now you know that you don't have these diseases which is a good thing.  I think you should make a separate post on medhelp and post all of your symptoms and what tests you have had and see if anyone has any ideas.

So, make an appointment with a nutritionist, talk to your doctor about zofran, and start another post on medhelp.
thanks for the support patient...but like you i wont settle for that..you pushed for more tests and iwill too. whether  i eat healthy,sloppy,or nothing at all,i always feel full, and gaggy. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for me to eat high calories on a healthy diet,ecause it requires more volume. nuts are high calorie, healthy foods but you still have to eat a lot of them..lactose free whole milk is another good option bt still requires a lot of drinking.

i have had issues for 6 years..like you i know when there is something wrong,and  i dont think its rightt hat just cause i had an ok colonoscopy/upper gi, i should settle for IBS....

also i like this post. i dont see why i should start another thread when the same people are just going to post! this is a great thread with lots of info!!!! i want to see it grow to help people. when  ido my searches and i see a thread lie this, and it only has 4 post it dissapoints me, cause  i dont get all the reassurance i need.

idk what zofran is, but idont want tto treat my symptoms  want to cure my cause.
Have you tried drinking ensure to get a lot of calories?  The reason you should start another post is to get other people's opinions.  With this one, you will post a question about something, I or Mozartcowgirl won't know the answer and no one else will respond.  You are welcome to keep posting on this post, but I bet no one else will respond.

You need to settle for treating your symptoms for right now.  Zofran is a great medicine for nausea.  With chrons you would have to have been happy to treat your symptoms, not cure it.  If you are really in as much pain you say you are in, you would be glad to get any relief even if it wasn't a cure.
yes, i have tried ensure i said that before =). i drink a whole pack of ensure a day...but thats only 2100 calories so i also eat honey bbq chicken,raviolis,or other stuff to get me to 3100-4100 calories.

thats only on days  i dont feel like gagging..some days  i cant even drink one ensure.(i buy store brand ensure plus)

i appreciate all your help patient, and dont take this the wrong way,because  i mean no harm by it...but you pushed for more tests so i find it kind of hypocritical you are telling me to be happy with a normal colonoscopy...when you yourself werent...i have to many symptoms to just treat the nausea that comes and goes...which right now is gone...
noone here can give me a diagnosis, i plan on asking all my questions to the gastro..i was thinking of asking for a ct scan?
I never once said you shouldn't push for more tests.  I think you should.  But you should be happy/relieved for a normal colonoscopy.  I was happy/relieved that my colonoscopy came back normal.  How do you know that no one here can give you a diagnosis or give you better ideas of what tests would be best to get next?
i definately think you all could give me great ideas of tersts...and to be honest  itrust you all here more than any doctor...i have very little trust in doctors now!!!

but you cant give me an official diagnosis obviously.

im just not sure what avenue to take with my health..ive always been convinced my tumor is causing me symptoms..but no docs agree no matter how many neuros or neurosurgeons  i go to....i have high hematocrit/hemoglobin which has always concerned me..i know of a doctor who is fairly close(1 state from me) that is one of the non conventional types. he actually listens...he even faxed a prescription for blood work a while ago without ever seeing me..he is a hematologist...but practices his specialty in treating testosterone deficiency. he listens to people not numbers. although he is very pushy on getting people on testosterone treatments..which i dont think i need...i think hed be good to go to to maybe get a proper opinion on my other hormones. since the last endocronologist  i went to was absolutly rubbish
how do i know if he perforated anything? eating/drinking has been feeling weird...and sort of painful like i feel the  food and liquid press against every part of my esophoguys and colon....
also im feeling it in my back as well which is weird....

******* great....i not only wasted my time......but now  im in worse shape...my life is just great

also my intestines ahve been feeling tabby as well i was hoping it would go away but it really hasnt.. i think he perforated something...just great

i always had some stabbyness..but it feels lower like its in the coolon
ny thoughts
how are you feeling now? are you eating the diet they gave you after your procedure? are you drinking enough fluids? There are other warning signs to concerning a perforation.

Perforation occurs : 1 out of every 1700 procedures.
If you have a preexisting condition with your bowels.. than you are far more likely to have this occur.. and I am talking about the 1 in 1700. They found nothing wrong..
Infection after a colonoscopy is very rare.
Some discomfort after the procedure is normal, but if the colon has been perforated, the discomfort will grow instead of diminish over time.
Patients do not have symptoms right away. There are no outwardly obvious symptoms of a perforated bowel until the bowel contents have seeped into the bowel cavity and caused infection.
Perforated bowel symptoms or, more accurately, the symptoms of the infection include high fever, nausea and severe abdominal pain that worsens upon movement.

If you feel that this is occurring ... then you need to seek care.. its the infection that causes the problems... and with antibiotics and a fix, things usually come out just fine.

are you having a fever?
did the nurses explain after care and diet to you ?

how are you feeling now?

Read more: What Are the Symptoms of a Perforated Bowel Following a Colonoscopy? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5405601_symptoms-perforated-bowel-following-colonoscopy.html#ixzz0wirMa4SZ

no fever just seems like my intestines are emssed up...seems like it takes a while to pee and the stream isnt strong...and same with pooping.
they told mme to eat a normal diet....the day of the procedure i ate bffalo wings
is it possible that the colonoscopy/upper endoscopy sped up my metabolism. the last few months ive finally been gaining weight(goood thing)..but i lost some weight on my prep obviiously. however after the colonoscopy ive been trying to gain it back using the same weight gain diet as i used before the procedure...and im losing weight now. i was around 180-185 before the procedure..now im 170-173. ill be pissed if it sped me up
bump im concerned!!
so the doctor gave me a call my biopsies came back he said they were normal excedpt for the following....
stomach antrum mild chemical gastropethy
terminal illeum-limphoid aggrigate

he said these arent a worry abd diagnosed me with IBS. are those things oncerning to you guys???

i told him i can go the whole day without eating...i have no desire to,stomach hurts and i feel full/nauteas. he said he thinks i have anorexia. i find this weird though....i am trying to gain weight. i am 6'2 175 pounds, and i am trying to get to 200 pounds. ive always wanted to be a big guy.

any thoughts? are my stomach antrum mild chemical gastropethy
terminal illeum-limphoid aggrigate really ok?? and nothing to be worried about
BUMP
hi, I wish I found this site a couple of weeks ago..hope you are doing better. Just wanted to let you know that I share your sentiments regarding Versed. I completely freaked out after my colonoscopy when I found out my doctor had given me an amnesia drug,  after telling me I would be able to "watch the screen." He never explained the drug to me, and later told me  that  I actually WAS awake for the procedure, I just didn't remember it. I can't even begin to explain how upset that made me. To make matters worse, the colonoscopy report had no information on how I "tolerated" the procedure, and the nurse present in the room did not return my call when I asked to speak to her. Amnesia drugs are given for a reason...the doctors don't want you to know what really happened !  While some people may not understand this, I would rather have memory of a painful procedure than have my memory of it erased. (This is not to say I want to experience pain;  Versed is NOT a pain medication !)  I am still obsessed two years later, wondering what they were hiding from me, and  I have developed a mistrust of doctors as a result. Get your records, I bet they did sneak in a little Versed, the medical profession loves that drug WAY too much...
i think a lot of your issues , is anxiety, it can cause a multitude of gastro problems. my doctor said anxiety will attack the largest organ in the body first, ie, colon. and also causes all kinds of digestive issues. not to mention the feeling that there is always something not right with you body. try asking your doc about anti-anxiety medication , and see how that works. you very obviously have extreme anxiety issues.i too have been having problems for about 5 months now and will be getting a colonoscopy in a couple weeks, had myself convinced i had colon cancer, bad anxiety, made it worse, got some clonazepam, and felt a lot better, slept better too.also instead of hemmeriods, you may have anal fissures, which take medication  ointment to heal
nice post, it gave me alot of fodder to think on.