Gastroenterology Community
help please
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help please

For many years i have been experiencing problems with my digestive  system but i have one that is upsetting me more....I will wake up in the middle of the night with a sudden urge to go to the bathroom to have a bowel movement but the problem is i will be in serve pain...i can not control anything...once it starts i am not able to get up. I feel as though i am about to pass out...i get chills...I turn white...i sometimes vomit and can not control any it...i am not sure that is going on please help...i was told about 8 years ago that i have preCrohn signs...with cobble stone in the terminal ileum but i have not been back to check it out...any ideas
Tags: pass out, light headed, help dizzy light headed hot, Cold Sweats, nausea vomiting
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I would recommend seeing a gastroenterologist and getting evaluated for Chrons again.  Do you feel constipated or are you having diarrhea?
Blank
533880_tn?1237616052
Well i am also hypothyroid and that causes a lot of constipation but sometimes i have diarrhea...the thing is that once i get the urge to go if i do not hit the bathroom ASAP..i can not do anything to stop it...I was told i do not fit the profile for Crohns because i am not thin, i dont go to the bathroom after i eat...but what is causing my problems...i have been dealing with this since i was in high school...i need help...the prob is i live in mexico and not sure what to ask for..What will a CT scan show or is a colonoscopy needed?
Blank
You do not need to be thin to have crohn's disease.  I think you need a colonoscopy to properly evaluate this.
Blank
533880_tn?1237616052
Everyone that i know that has Crohns is extremely thin and always in the bathroom....i am trying to find a doc to perform one here in Mexico...that is where i live right now!!!! I have a question...Is it possible that the "cobblestone" can go away?  
Blank
It may be common for people who have crohns to be thin, but not everyone is thin who has crohns.  I don't quite know what you mean by "cobblestone" so I can't answer your question on that.
Blank
533880_tn?1237616052
I was told that when you have Crohns and look inside the intestines if the appearance is cobblestone then it is Crohns....it has a certain appearance that sets it apart from other IBD's.
Blank
I have never heard of the cobblestone appearance so I can't comment on that.  The way crohns is diagnosed, along with other IBD's, is through biopsies of the colon and small intestine.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...