Gastroenterology Community
hi there

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

hi there

i have had  these symptoms for that past 12 days , it all started with the chills at night and then burning in the penis and anus, then pain in scrotum and now itchy anus, i have pain in my lower left abdomin (abdomen) and dull spratic shooting pains in my groin, neck and armpit, i went to med express where i was tested and treated for all stds, then 3 days later i was put on cipro for what they thought was prostititis, ive been on cipro for 4 days of the 14 day treatment, im a 32 year old male....when i lightly push on my lower left abdomin (abdomen) the pain makes me jump, and it feels really hard, on day 4 of cipro treament i went to the hospitol where they did a urin test and blood work but never felt my abdomin (abdomen), everything came back fine...i just dont know what to do, would the cipro hide any infections?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic that belongs to a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones.  It is used to treat infections caused by gram negative bacteria. So, it helps with urinary tract and gastrointestinal infections. The lower abdominal pain could be due to cystitis. The causes for which are infections, drug induced, radiation, foreign body, chemicals and those due to Crohn's disease, diverticulitis, lupus and tuberculosis. For relief from pain apply heated pads, drink plenty of oral fluids and take frequent sitz baths for 15-20 mins. Continue with your medications. Regards.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers