hiatus hernia on Ct scan
If I have a hiatus hernia would it have shown up on the abdominal and pelvic ct scan I had? I had oral and IV contrast
my hiatal hernia showed up (surprise! i didn't even know i had it!) when i
had the same scan for kidney infection so yes. mine was laying in the
machine w/iodine contrast, not very pleasant but not too bad either but
that's when it was found. it doesn't bother me at all-like i said, i didn't even
know it was there. hope you're well otherwise!
Thank u for your answer. I have some symptoms that are typical for Hiatus Hernia and am currently on a 10 week waiting list to see the gastro specialist. The test I had showed up kidney problems, but "no intra abdominal or Intraperitoneal abnormalities". It is good to know that a hernia would have been visible on this scan. At least that is one thing that can be ruled out. Many Thanks
you have to wait 10 weeks? wow! what do they think is wrong with your kidneys? I'm
glad I could help somewhat! I hope you're ok! Best from new york and I hope it's nothing
serious.
Finally after endless wait had endoscope yesterday and there was no hernia. Thanks again for your answer way back in April. It provided me with a lot of mental peace whilst waiting for the appointment. (I am a keen rower and really didn't want to give that up which would probably have been recommended if I had hernia)
CT scan showed blocked ureter on one side, so may have to have op for that but having lots more tests before I know