Gastroenterology Community
hida scan

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

hida scan

I had a HIDA Scan with CCk reading of 13?something like that. I have right sided pain and a lot of mid burning. Normal
endoscopy. Dr feels its gas related. I get really full and can t always eat much. The pains aren't every nite.They come in wavelike fashion. highs and lows. Maybe I am not describing it correctly but he doesn't seem to think its gallbladder.
My sister had a low HIDA; gallbladder removal and feels better however after 6 weeks. My dr said that if it took that long for her to feel better than it wasn't her gallbladder. If the gallbladder isn't functioning properly than why isn't it always successful?I feel a burn when I take a deep breath...is that gallbladder? Thank you for your suggestions.
I am curious as to why you have a CCk reading of 13 percent and you are asking us if that is ok...didn't your Dr tell you that when he gave you the results? Over 35% is normal, so yes 13% is not good. Hope it all worked out for you.