high ferritin, high liver enzymes.. pancreas cancer?
for a period of about 6 months i had high ALT and AST (about 3x above the normal high rate 180) and ferritin levels of about 900.. i was about to get a liver biopsy and asked to be tested one more time.. then all my labs were within normal limits.. my Dr. wasn't sure what to think and just said to get retested in 3 months.. i've been reading up on pancreatic cancer.. could this be a warning sign of that?
Rob,
While I'm not a doctor, I would ask your doctor to have a CAT scan, MRI and ultrasound.  If those tests come back normal, there is a blood test called a CA-19-9 that is a tumor marker for pancreatic cancer.  It takes about 3 weeks to get the result of the test.  My dad was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (stage 4), inoperable and not treatable.  His scans were all normal, however, his blood work showed elevated liver enzymes.  The doctor ordered the CA-19-9 blood test, the normal level is supposed to be below 1,000 and his is 67,000.

I don't want to alarm you but if you feel that something is going on, you need to insist your doctor do more tests or go for a second opinion.